• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Bowler of All Time

Who is the Greatest Bowler of All Time?

• Total voters

dinu23

International Debutant
Fiery said:
:cry: I care what I think. What has Murali won? He will always be remembered as the guy with the illegal action.
only guys like u will remember him as a chucker....only a handfull.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fiery said:
What has it got to do with the fact that anyone can see with the naked eye that Murali straightens his arm in a throwing action every delivery, not just the doosra?
What does the term optical illusion mean to you?

Fiery

Banned
marc71178 said:
What does the term optical illusion mean to you?
Optical illusion, my ass. You only need to look at still photos of how bent his arm is just before releasing the ball if you think it's an optical illusion or if you don't trust your own eyes.
There's a guy in my cricket team who is 43 with a crook shoulder who sometimes throws the ball in from the boundary and sometimes gets it in overarm. I can differentiate between the 2 methods and the difference is about as marked as Murali's action compared to others.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting poll, I've voted for Hadlee, as he was an incredibly accurate bowler and match-winner for the New Zealand side in the 1980s. Closely followed by Marshall and Lillee in my opinion.

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
Optical illusion, my ass. You only need to look at still photos of how bent his arm is just before releasing the ball if you think it's an optical illusion or if you don't trust your own eyes.
There's a guy in my cricket team who is 43 with a crook shoulder who sometimes throws the ball in from the boundary and sometimes gets it in overarm. I can differentiate between the 2 methods and the difference is about as marked as Murali's action compared to others.
It can be as bent as he likes all the way through, no one is saying it isn't bent, as we all know its the straightening that is the problem. Do you really think you know better than all those at the biomechanics in Oz?? Very naive me thinks. You're talking like Geoff Boycott or some old man who "knows best", makes for embarassing reading to be honest.

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
It can be as bent as he likes all the way through, no one is saying it isn't bent, as we all know its the straightening that is the problem. Do you really think you know better than all those at the biomechanics in Oz?? Very naive me thinks. You're talking like Geoff Boycott or some old man who "knows best", makes for embarassing reading to be honest.
"All I said was she had a "nice pair o' legs". Good Yorkshire humour".
It does straighten at release which is why it looks like a throw and is a throw. The ICC have obviously got in the ear of the biomechanics and told them to take it easy on Murali or you might upset the cash cow. I love cricket and have always thought he has been getting away with breaking the law and am furious that the ICC has now even changed the laws of the game just for him.
I couldn't give a toss if you thinking I sound like an old man who "knows best" ya pommie git.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fiery said:
I'd rather trust the actual scientists seeing as they can measure the arm accurately, rather than using a flawed system where the optical illusion comes into play.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fiery said:
The ICC have obviously got in the ear of the biomechanics and told them to take it easy on Murali or you might upset the cash cow.
If you're going to make allegations like this - I assume you have proof to back them up?

Fiery

Banned
marc71178 said:
If you're going to make allegations like this - I assume you have proof to back them up?
No, I'm just saying what most people think but are too afraid to say. Do you think they will come and burn my house down?

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
"All I said was she had a "nice pair o' legs". Good Yorkshire humour".
It does straighten at release which is why it looks like a throw and is a throw. The ICC have obviously got in the ear of the biomechanics and told them to take it easy on Murali or you might upset the cash cow. I love cricket and have always thought he has been getting away with breaking the law and am furious that the ICC has now even changed the laws of the game just for him.
I couldn't give a toss if you thinking I sound like an old man who "knows best" ya pommie git.
Ooooh, the words of an desperate man. I'll leave it at that, because it's obvious you know best, and no-one is going to convince you otherwise.

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
Ooooh, the words of an desperate man. I'll leave it at that, because it's obvious you know best, and no-one is going to convince you otherwise.
Sorry about the pommy git thing. Thought you were being a bit condescending to compare me to Boycott. Hey, we've got the same nicknames though.

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
Sorry about the pommy git thing. Thought you were being a bit condescending to compare me to Boycott. Hey, we've got the same nicknames though.
Boycott is a legend in my book mate ;), i'm going to start wearing some of those panama hats he always has just to be more like the man. A shame you seem to dislike a lot of poms, i think new zealanders are good people, you trying to change my mind?? :)

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
Boycott is a legend in my book mate ;), i'm going to start wearing some of those panama hats he always has just to be more like the man. A shame you seem to dislike a lot of poms, i think new zealanders are good people, you trying to change my mind?? :)
I lived in London for 3 years and had a blinder and don't dislike poms at all. I think everyone should have one. I'm not too fond of your rugby team I must admit but that could have something to do with a certain piece of silverware

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fiery said:
I lived in London for 3 years and had a blinder and don't dislike poms at all. I think everyone should have one. I'm not too fond of your rugby team I must admit but that could have something to do with a certain piece of silverware
Isn't Bill gold?

Not that I'd expect a Kiwi to recognise it! :D

twctopcat

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
Mr William Webb Ellis, he of the trophy!

Jeez, it really has been a while for you fellas, hasn't it?! :D
He sure put his foot in it there! Even i got that one!

Fiery

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Mr William Webb Ellis, he of the trophy!

Jeez, it really has been a while for you fellas, hasn't it?! :D
Sorry, that was far too cryptic for me at this time of night.
I'm not bitter though. It's only been 18 years. What's 2005 minus 1966?!

Last edited: