• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Jacknife

International Captain
Like someone else has said, I don't like the hype surrounding Root, much rather he came in under the radar, but he was very successful when in he was in the England U19 setup.
Sayers is already batting for the draw for a change.:ph34r: Ooops spoke too soon, out.
It will be a test to see if the team, can find the runs from someone, Rudolph used to produce.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harmison broken down after 2 deliveries?
James Foster, wafg.

No Lewis Gregory in today's Somerset side (N)

grecian

Harmison broken down after 2 deliveries?
James Foster, wafg.

No Lewis Gregory in today's Somerset side (N)
That's a shame, was hoping he'd get a game over Compton. Reckon that will be our side for Warwicks, apart from Kirby & Mendis in for Dibble & Waller.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a shame, was hoping he'd get a game over Compton. Reckon that will be our side for Warwicks, apart from Kirby & Mendis in for Dibble & Waller.
Landmark moment - first player I've coached to play FC cricket.

Admittedly it was a tiny handful of sessions and two matches for East Devon U15 five years ago, and I can take precisely no credit for his development, but it still counts.

The first of many, I hope!

EDIT: Dammit, Cardiff MCCU isn't first-class. I'll keep waiting. Meanwhile I'm off down the road to watch Notts.

Last edited:

grecian

Landmark moment - first player I've coached to play FC cricket.

Admittedly it was a tiny handful of sessions and two matches for East Devon U15 five years ago, and I can take precisely no credit for his development, but it still counts.

The first of many, I hope!
Well done, I noticed he was born in the Capital of Devon, which does make him intrinsically superior to Gregory, of course.....

Edit back, never mind.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gerard Brophy doing really well to rescue Yorkshire's innings. Seems like they'll at least be getting 200+, so they're still in the game.

Speaking of rescue jobs, Alviro Petersen's got 89* of Glamorgan's 144/9. Including 25 of 32 for the 10th wicket partnership. Considering taking back a lot of my bad mouthing of him, especially if he gets a century. Edit: Out for 91, shame.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Gerard Brophy doing really well to rescue Yorkshire's innings. Seems like they'll at least be getting 200+, so they're still in the game.

Speaking of rescue jobs, Alviro Petersen's got 89* of Glamorgan's 144/9. Including 25 of 32 for the 10th wicket partnership. Considering taking back a lot of my bad mouthing of him, especially if he gets a century. Edit: Out for 91, shame.
Yes Brophy proving crucial for Yorkshire in reducing the deficit to 89 runs now. Sidey keeping him company for a patient 8 so far.

Alviro Petersen's resistance has ended, dismissed for 91. Must be wondering what he's let himself in for at Glamorgan! They trail by 92 runs, decent position for Leicester, big session coming up after tea.

Was very surprised Essex sneaked past 200 today, Foster playing the archetypal captain's innings. Young Reece Topley just removed Joe Denly for his third first-class wicket of his career to keep Essex in the hunt.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adam Voges just been dismissed for 165 at the Parks. Him, Patel (79) and Brown (50*) have put on 200 in 30 overs. Oxford bowling too short on a good deck and quick outfield.

I also spent 40 minutes listening in on wicketkeepers' coaching session Wayne Noon was doing in the nets. Very reassuring to see the pros using exactly the same drills I use.

Woodster

International Captain
Strange goings on at Aigburth
You mean Gary Keedy batting at 3 ? :)

Really pleased for Karl Brown, glad he got the nod, thought he'd open but seems equally at home at number three. Chilton and him put on 155 so far for the fourth wicket, Lancs in a great position. Get through the second new ball and build an imposing total in theory.

Woodster

International Captain
Just watched the highlights from the opening day at Chelmsford. Looks a bit of pace in the wicket judging by some of the dismissals, Topley bowling Denly with a beauty to send his off stump cartwheeling, while Chambers picked up a couple with some sharp looking lifters. Some loose batting early on from both sides, Cook falling to a ball outside off and just pushing out at it away from his body, typically you may say, but something he was so disciplined at avoiding in Australia.

fredfertang

You mean Gary Keedy batting at 3 ? :)

Really pleased for Karl Brown, glad he got the nod, thought he'd open but seems equally at home at number three. Chilton and him put on 155 so far for the fourth wicket, Lancs in a great position. Get through the second new ball and build an imposing total in theory.
He has batted well as nightwatchman on occasions has Keeds - wasn't there a really big stand with Stuey Law a few years back?

I agree its great for Brown to be able to take advantage of his chance - thought Procter might have got the nod - he seems to be a bit becalmed now he's part his ton though

Woodster

International Captain
Chilton and Brown going in pretty quick succession but still some batting to come (with Keedy going in at three). A lead of 24, five wickets remaining.

fredfertang

Chilton and Brown going in pretty quick succession but still some batting to come (with Keedy going in at three). A lead of 24, five wickets remaining.
Based on last season with Mahmood and Chapple yet to bat some might suggest the best was yet to come

Woodster

International Captain
Luke Sutton and Jon Clare reviving Derbys innings, was looking really ominous at 92-6, now 145-6. Can Sutton produce a similar keeper/captain innings such as those made on the opening day by Foster and Mustard.