• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Howe_zat

Audio File
Blackwell bowled for 1, Durham 123/5. Hell of a collapse. a lot of pressure on the young guys for Durham now, Stokes in with CC debutant Richardson, and 20-year old Borthwick in next.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Claude Henderson rescuing Leicestershire again - collapsed to 134/9, currently 188/9 with Henderson 58* and Hoggard still on 0.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope Housego, does well this season, simply for his nickname "Estate Agent":laugh:
Never mind the fact that it's pronounced How-say-go, right?

Hants 8/206 now: another four days of playing catch-up in store... five for Andre Adams. I know Darren Pattinson got a knock at the Parks last week, but it's a bit stiff on Andy Carter to miss out unless he's also not fully fit - anyone know what's happened there?

Couple of wickets for Somerset bringing themselves back into it at Taunton: game's still on if they can get through the bulk of the Bears innings today - get a first innings lead and hope that expensive attack can do the business!

Meanwhile in D2, Cardiff still looks like a result wicket - no telling how good 202 is until Gloucester are bowled out later (possibly later today). Kent have stuttered to the same total at Northampton, and it doesn't look like Middlesex will get many more with only Collymore and Finn still to come...

Neil Pickup

Claude Henderson rescuing Leicestershire again - collapsed to 134/9, currently 188/9 with Henderson 58* and Hoggard still on 0.
He finished on 77 - and is now up to 10th on the top-scorers list for the season: a ranking led, for what must be the first time in a long while, by a student - Oxford's Ed Young.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Hants 8/206 now: another four days of playing catch-up in store... five for Andre Adams. I know Darren Pattinson got a knock at the Parks last week, but it's a bit stiff on Andy Carter to miss out unless he's also not fully fit - anyone know what's happened there?

Couple of wickets for Somerset bringing themselves back into it at Taunton: game's still on if they can get through the bulk of the Bears innings today - get a first innings lead and hope that expensive attack can do the business!

Meanwhile in D2, Cardiff still looks like a result wicket - no telling how good 202 is until Gloucester are bowled out later (possibly later today). Kent have stuttered to the same total at Northampton, and it doesn't look like Middlesex will get many more with only Collymore and Finn still to come...

Hey, it's not my nickname, It's on cricinfo, so must be true.

Well, Somerset taking a few now, but not really justifying the favourites mantle, as I feared.

vcs

I remember the newspapers used to cover scores of County Cricket matches when I was a kid. I used to have so many childish giggles over the names Essex, Sussex and most of all, Middlesex. Ah, those were the days..

Neil Pickup

Topley cleans up the Middlesex tail to end with his second career five-for: he now has the same amount as Chris Wright and Maurice Chambers. Steven Finn justified his promotion to 10 by blasting five fours in his career-best 32.

Gloucester 5/67 at Cardiff. Three-day finish in the offing here.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing about Topley is he's really tall and a left-armer. Not sure England have ever had one of them. Unless I'm forgetting someone?

Woodster

International Captain
'kin ell Durham, way to collapse. Hopefully Stokes and Fatty get a few.

Mendis getting some tap on debut

Looking at pictures Topley is a bit of a unit...the next Steve Finn? anyone seen him bowl? (he has 3-27 now)
Not seen him in the flesh, seen snippets of the highlights packages from the opening game, looks to have a yard of pace, certainly seemed that way when one of the Kent batsmen lost their off stump, which went cartwheeling a few times. Tries to shape it into the right-handers, seems to have been a touch expensive today, but who cares when you're picking up wickets.

Yes he is injured mate. Read the day before the game that both he and Pattinson were out, hence the Charlie Shreck recall, seems to have turned out alright for them so far.

Woodster

International Captain
It's not long into the careers of Steve Kirby and Gemaal Hussain as Somerset players, and they will already realise wickets are going to be harder to come by at their new home ground, than they were at the more lively Bristol pitch, the home of their previous club Gloucester. While they have both grabbed a wicket apiece on the opening day against Warwickshire, it was the visitors that had an excellent day. I said I was excited by Somerset's attack before the game, and while that obviously doesn't change after one day, it was a rude awakening for a talented bowling attack.

Overseas star Ajantha Mendis also went round the park, going for 124 off his 24 overs. George Dobell, the excellent writer on County Cricket, gave Mendis some leniency in suggesting the Dukes ball may have caused him some teething problems, or that jet-lag may be a realistic reason for his below-par showing. Whatever the reasons, he has little time to adjust, he is only here till Murali Kartik returns after the IPL.

Huge credit to Varun Chopra today aswell. I hope this is a stepping stone to better things for him and he begins to fulfill the abundance of potential he has always had.

Neil Pickup

If that's a joke I didn't get it. It's pronounced as its spelt, House-go.
Well I must have hallucinated the Q&A with him at the Oxfordshire Youth Cricket awards evening a couple of years ago. That or crossed him hideously with Ben Howgego.