• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Howe_zat

Audio File
Somerset dumped out for 132 this morning, Siddy takes 7/37 and we're chasing 202. He's taken 62 at 22 this season.

Handy couple of Pears wickets going down too. Though I'm sure it's only still alive to taunt me as we go down.

Chris Wright with 5 for Warks, closing in on the win. Doesn't look like Lancashire will have the time to bowl out Hampshire either.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ah, you're right. No doubt there'll be bonus points even if they do play. I thought there was more in it than that.

Anyway, lone hand from Hales as Warwickshire win. 106* out of 222.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we had got 250 in our first innings it might have been tight but Worcestershire will probably get at least 2 bowling points next week even if they are skittled for less than 200. Would have been nice to make them get 250 to stay up with their brittle batting line up.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed Lancashire did not set us at least a slightly tempting total; surely they need to win this match? They still might of course but thought they would have given themselves a bit more time, poor bowling effort from us though.

Still we are down and only have ourselves to blame for only starting to play proper cricket with a handfull of games to go. Not overly disheartened though we still have some promising young players and enough experience that should get us out of division 2.

fredfertang

Very disappointed with Lancs - declared at least 50 runs too late - I know Briggs didn't accomplish much this morning but when you need a win to stay in with a chance of ending the 77 years of hurt you have to put your faith in your whirlymen - if Hants end up 8 down.....

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Lancs should be OK now unless bad weather intervenes, with Kerrigan taking six of the seven Hants wickets so far. Where does that leave their championship hopes?

Elsewhere, Surrey have set up a straight shootout between themselves and Northants next week. Northants are only a point ahead now, Surrey are at home to Derbyshire whilst Northants play Gloucestershire.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lancs should be OK now unless bad weather intervenes, with Kerrigan taking six of the seven Hants wickets so far. Where does that leave their championship hopes?

Elsewhere, Surrey have set up a straight shootout between themselves and Northants next week. Northants are only a point ahead now, Surrey are at home to Derbyshire whilst Northants play Gloucestershire.
If my calculations are correct, based on what cricinfo say, they'll be 3 points behind.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Also, based on that cricinfo page, am I correct in saying that Yorkshire are down unless Worcestershire lose without scoring any bonus points whatsoever?

stumpski

International Captain
Nine down at Liverpool, I must admit I thought Lancs had declared at least half an hour too late. Everyone round the bat for Tomlinson.

Happy with the result at Chelmsford, obvs, and looking forward to next week's game at the Oval even though being talked into giving my daughter a lift to Sheffield means I'll miss the C & G final in its entirety.

grecian

Hampshire are pathetic, but unfortunately so are Somerset. No Tresco, no hope.

Wouldn't mind seeing Warwicks win the Championship, with Chris Wright as a key player, just to think how much it would piss off an erstwhile forum member....

stumpski

International Captain
I was just wondering if you had any nails left ... they keep saying "15 minutes left" so I assume the required overs have already been bowled.