• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great turnaround fella's, 278 against black is a good effort, but to bowl them out for 155 as well is superb. Great to see Walsh and Lezama both making runs :). all the bowlers bowled well, Hoy the pick with 3/29, but all bowlers contributed with wickets and/or economy. also good to find a little form myself :)

lets keep it going guys, keep those wins coming :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
awesomeness! made it a word i have :)

extremely happy with the team win, it came from our batting! wonderful batting display from more than a few members (Simon! :D ) and us bowlers did the rest :) absolutely stoked :)

very happy to take a catch also :) :) dont get too many! butterfingers it seems :happy:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's a disapointing loss there Reds. We had someone make a big score in the first class game, and that is what we need in the OD games as well. The bowlers really shouldn't have let them get 260+, I take responsibility for that (take note Cloete :p) as I should have been getting the wickets early and not allowing the batsman to get on top.

Let's not slip into inconsistency. Heads up. Play positive.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
You should get one soonish, just play it cool and wait your time, in no time you will be training with a dev team somewhere :).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Um.. yeah. Little more to say than has already been said. Well bowled, Mike.

Platinum - you're an opening bat, right? We could really, really use you!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Platinum said:
I want to sign up

First Name: Chris
Last Name: Loc
Initials: Austin Christopher Loc = AC Loc
Handedness (LHB/RHB): Right-Hand Bat
Keeper? Y/N : No
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M): Off Spin (OS)
General Batting position (1-11): 1-4 (Prefer 3rd mainly)

Batting Avge: 46
Bowling Avge: 30
Bowling Econ. (optional): 4.7

Batting SR (FC cricket): 44
Fielding rating: 18

Email Address: platinum212@walla.com
Just to confirm that you're signed for Black. Welcome to the system. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
As if Black weren't good enough already...

Oh well, guess that means we stick to the rota system now.
It means Black now has the same size of squad as every other team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Because it is aimed in your direction? Different story last season when we were on the recieving end wasn't it.
It always is Dave.

Hypocritical I believe.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
Top order crumbled on a wicket that definitely didn't favour the team batting second.
The pitch needed application to score runs on.

It certainly didn't just change from a road to a shocker.

Indeed I believe it was looking like flattening a bit on Day 3 (per the live sim)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Samuel_Vimes said:
I think I'd prefer to save those till fifth day, session three against Blacks. That's usually the time people like us get appreciation for our style of cricket! ;)
You get appreciation at all times from here.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
Marc.. please ease out.. you need to act with more responsibility and maturely here seeing as your a key figure as captain of the red team mate..
I will continue to act in the manner I see fit - sorry if that offends you, but I don't remember the same warnings last year when the boot was on the other foot.