• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome win Blue! :thumbsup: Great to see the batsmen finally finding some form, and a good bowling effort with the wickets well-spread. Happy with my own performance of 57.5-24-74-6 and 22*, hopefully I might get a place in the OD side again soon. :happy:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I need to repeat Baby Reds, that we really need a batsman to take the innings by the horns and put up a good innings that everyone can bat around. No need for panic yet, but we can not continue with a losing culture. Both batters and bowlers need to think more about what they are doing. We can not take the good start we have had for granted, nor can we simply rely on the International players when they return.

Still, heads up boys, a return to the winner's circle is just around the corner - I can feel it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
19-4-68-0. I'm sorry team :( :bag:
Don't worry about it - we all have off days - the team is still learning at the moment - and I'm liking the performances some of the less experienced members are turning in.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
We were out of it by the 200+ lead - but better than an innings defeat.

Do you think it would be productive to have an aggressive player opening to complement Haakon?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
In a fieldig drill after the Blue win against Red, Nath Patrick successfully injured himself with his butterfingers. The Blue pacer missed a skied catch and was smacked on the head.

He has suffered a concussion and will miss the next two Dev League game days.
LOL! Poor kid!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
KennyD said:
LOL! Poor kid!
arent you one year older than me, kid? :p
haha these sorta things always seem to happen to me! darn butterfungers :D
ah well, good luck to the man whom takes my place :)

the swelling is subsiding :wacko:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
OMG, after a pretty good first innings, we failed again. Lets pick it up boys. Hopefully I can make a great century like mike did.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Any chance of explaining that, Liam?
I'd love to. There was no indication from Black as to bowling tactics etc. for that game. From the previous game it appeared firmly established that Bhatia, Thompson, Wilson, Mohammed, Richards and Hing are considered ahead in the bowling order. With 6 bowlers in rotation, there's always a fresh front-liner and, with wickets needed, that front-liner would typically be called upon to take a wicket.

Simply put, give me bowling instructions! With 7 bowlers in the team, I need bowling instructions.

Platinum

Cricket Spectator
Mr Mxyzptlk do you have MSN? or Neil Do you? if you do then please add me

young_blood2050 @ hotmail . co . uk

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Loving it Blues... we're back on it.

Lovely bowling from a number, especially happy with my own form too, lovely economy in both innings, with 4-50 from 30 in their 1st dig. Well done team!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Black XI for OD clash with Blues
Chris Loc
Michael Wilson
Alex Blackman
David Kearsley
Zafar Mohammad
Robert Hing
Darren Dubb-Lynch +
Callum Thompson
Sangrah Bhatia