• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
*cough* you weren't the only side to win by an innings...
The only team with a 100% record in FC so far though....

Another great performance lads what can i say. when we lost the toss i thought we were staring down the barrel on what was a good pitch and they'd moved to 60-1 before we witnessed one of the best spells you'll ever see, and certainly from a rookie, Mohammed stepped up to the plate and his 9-1-22-6 will live long in the memory. It will definately give the Blue batsmen nightmares. To bowl them out for 139 in 59.1 overs on that ptich was astounding.

The blues hit back at the start of our innings but after some steadying work from Blackman, it was Kearsley that put his stamp on the match, good knocks from Hing and Thompson kept our dominance up and this time i was able to stay there long enough to get Kears to his 100, in the process we racked up a considerable lead.

The story of the second innnings was the bowling of Robert Hing, ripping out the middle order as we employed spin from both ends to knock them over for 180 for another vital win. Fantastic

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
age_master said:
no, but the levels of which certain red players are doing it this season is annoying.
Because it is aimed in your direction? Different story last season when we were on the recieving end wasn't it.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
oke guys...we really need a shake up and players need to step up! the way its going now...its not going.fielding is pathatic, batting even more and bowling needs a higher strike rate! common lads! lets do it and make the other teams sorry they laughed at us!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW Red v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Indications that CWBCC Stadium toss may be the most influential of any this season, CW Green was made to feel in the two-facedness of its own pitch. Kyle Wright won the toss and elected to take first strike on a belter of a wicket. With the wonderful strokeplay of Rob Dauth proving the basis for a huge score, almost all the batsmen got in.

Stedman and Dobson contributed maiden FC half-centuries, whilst Mørk played another solid innings at the top. Frustrated in the field, the Greens then found themselves batting with 4 overs remaining on day four in overcast conditions. A wicket fell before the close and the third day pitch looked a far cry from what the Red batted on.

Indeed, the wickets tumbled on a surface with inconsistent bounce and several cracks. Purposeful innings by Sajith and Gray were not enough and debutant Borcich got the ball in the right areas often enough to start his career with 9 wickets.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 411 for 7 dec.
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 132 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings Following On 136 all out
Cricket Web Red won by an Innings and 143 runs.
153!!! Wow.

200 run partnership with Kenny. Well done! :D

Rose N.J. dropped Dauth, a very simple chance off
Weber. ---> when I was on 7 (21).

Sajith dropped Dauth, a chance off
Weber. ---> when I was on 75 (114).

Sajith dropped Dauth, a hard chance off
Sajith. ---> When I was on 135 (224).

Walsh dropped Dauth, a very simple chance off
Timewell. ---> When I was on 147 (273).

CHEERS!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Disappointing. Positives out of the match are very thin - Sajith and Gray with decent knocks that might have gone further but it as all too late. Timewell was the most valued contributor to the Greens for this game, but all in all two or three players won't win us any match. Top order crumbled on a wicket that definitely didn't favour the team batting second. Awful fielding. Gutted with the way things went.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:

Another great performance lads what can i say. when we lost the toss i thought we were staring down the barrel on what was a good pitch and they'd moved to 60-1 before we witnessed one of the best spells you'll ever see, and certainly from a rookie, Mohammed stepped up to the plate and his 9-1-22-6 will live long in the memory. It will definately give the Blue batsmen nightmares. To bowl them out for 139 in 59.1 overs on that ptich was astounding.

The blues hit back at the start of our innings but after some steadying work from Blackman, it was Kearsley that put his stamp on the match, good knocks from Hing and Thompson kept our dominance up and this time i was able to stay there long enough to get Kears to his 100, in the process we racked up a considerable lead.

The story of the second innnings was the bowling of Robert Hing, ripping out the middle order as we employed spin from both ends to knock them over for 180 for another vital win. Fantastic
Like the man said!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Black One-Day XI to play Green
1 Robert Hing
2 Michael Wilson
3 Alex Blackman
4 Zafar Mohammad
5 David Kearsley
6 Darren Dubb-Lynch +
7 Andrew Ferd
8 Callum Thompson
9 Sangrah Bhatia
10 David Richards *
11 Delkap

The quicker nature of the CWBCCS track means Delkap replaces Cole, and Thompson and Dubb-Lynch swap in the middle-order, otherwise unchanged.

David

International 12th Man
1 off 53! :) and that 1 was off the first ball I faced :p

Pleased with my bowling, only managed 9 overs in the first innings and two dropped catches of my bowling in the second innings....

Great game though fella's! fantastic effort Dauth for that magnificent knock, glad i could help you out there, and beautiful bowling on debut from Borcich!

Sean my man, doing some great things there with the ball :)

Stedman, nicely done mate, some good figures for the match :)

Just can't wait til Håkon (is that the right å?) and myself have a long innings together! :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
David said:
Just can't wait til Håkon (is that the right å?) and myself have a long innings together! :p
I think I'd prefer to save those till fifth day, session three against Blacks. That's usually the time people like us get appreciation for our style of cricket! ;)

(and yup, it's the right å, well done :))

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:

perfectly said :) especially as i was mentioned twice

Loony BoB

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Black One-Day XI to play Green
1 Robert Hing
2 Michael Wilson
3 Alex Blackman
4 Zafar Mohammad
5 David Kearsley
6 Darren Dubb-Lynch +
7 Andrew Ferd
8 Callum Thompson
9 Sangrah Bhatia
10 David Richards *
11 Delkap

The quicker nature of the CWBCCS track means Delkap replaces Cole, and Thompson and Dubb-Lynch swap in the middle-order, otherwise unchanged.
...quicker nature? In our spinner-friendly environment?