• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nnanden said:
have you really got the flu? you feeling alright mate?
No, he hasn't. It's just my new increased-realism injury sim.

Watch out for the season-ending cruciate ligament damage!

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Prince EWS said:
I think there should be a seperate results thread BUT the results should still be posted in here.

So nothing would change in this thread, but there would be a reuslts thread in case you wanted to go and check an old game.

I suggested this and the powers to be didn't like it :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
No, he hasn't. It's just my new increased-realism injury sim.

Watch out for the season-ending cruciate ligament damage!
Cripes... how long does it put you out of the game, and how rare is it? We don't want people gone so long they'll forget about it. ;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It does you for 45-90 games (which is basically a season, I don't think we're gonna carry injuries over season to season), and there's a 1 in 9,481 chance of it happening to you.

You also want to watch for the serious viral infections (1 in 84,277), damaged spines (1 in 10,535) and various broken body parts. The overall chance of getting an injury that takes you out for over twenty games is 1 in 682.

Loony BoB

International Captain
1 in 682 for 65 or so members... so around a 1 in 10 chance that someone will get that injury of that magnitude each round, or each season? I'm guessing you mean each season, but yeah. I suppose that's reasonable, although it'd really suck to have a person out for 20 games. :S

Loony BoB

International Captain
GoT_SpIn said:
be a bit harsh if a very active player got a broken spine or something
If anything, the more active you are, the more games you're likely to get played in, the more likely you are to get injured. Harsh? Yeah. Realistic? Yeah.

Hopefully it won't happen, though...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It would, and I bet it'll be me. Still, there's no point having an injury sim if you're not going to do it properly, is there?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
God, sorry for saying this Neil - but your rookies have no idea that this is a CRICKET SIMULATION do they?? To simulate real life cricket, we need injuries. Harsh? Yes it is harsh when a player gets an injury - both in real life and in this simulation.

Also - sorry if this sounds harsh, but seriously...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Our rookies have been concentrating on playing (that would have been better had you been green or blue, but meh).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, think of it this way people.

An injury might actually give you a chance to get into the side and smash a hundred or take 10 wickets.