• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
heart-broken boys, i really am. stuffed up my last few overs, and with that great start! garven is my bunny... :) im so sorry Blues!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
then the best way of doing it could be

Match Points:

6 = Bonus Point Win

5 = Win

3 = No Result/Tie

1 = Loss

0 = Loss conceding bonus point
Yes, that's the normal tri-series way of doing it. However, that would mean a lot of recalculation...

Think the table would be like this, though. Green 11-8-1, 67 points, Black 11-9, 65 points, Red 10-10, 54 points, Blue 7-12-1, 50 points.

As opposed to the current system, which would have Green on 55.5, Black 54, Red 48 and Blue 42.5.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday 11th March

CW Blue v CW Black
at the SCG

Callum Thompson single-handedly reversed a low-scoring theme in the round of 5D matches, powering Black to an unassailable total and ultimately a huge win over Blue. The Blue bowlers failed to press home a great position and fell away to dismal defeat.

After winning the toss, Black batted first, but was limited to just 167. Chris Loc scored 44 at the top, but Patrick, Demeza, Collins and Camps all fired. Confident from the performance in the field, Blue started well with the bat. The batsmen didn't stay around though. As with Black, the starts weren't paid off.

Only Simon Fitzsimmons scored a half-century, though de Silva and Fuller played useful innings in support. Bhatia, Thompson and Wilson ended with 3 wickets apiece and Blue only got a lead of 70 runs. Still, the lead looked more than enough when Wilson was yorked legstump by Collins. The score was then 95/5 and Black up against it.

Some 20 boundaries and 3 sixes to Thompson and things changed drastically. A rearguard score of 165 lifted the Black total above 400 and completely crushed the spirits of Blue. Collins and Camps finished with good figures, but the bowling was not as effective as it needed to be. Demeza in particular was harshly dealt with, going for 48 runs in his last 4 overs.

Chasing 359 for victory, the task got progressively closer to impossible when Fitzsimmons and Cloete were out within 3 Bhatia deliveries. The score fell to 38/4, until Young and Fuller mounted their resistance. Very impressive yet again, Young continued to rebuild his season with a brave innings. He was ultimately sent back for 99, due an atrocious umpiring decision. The game was then all but over, and Wilson hastened the end.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 164 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 234 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 428 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 215 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 143 runs.

Man of the Match: CP Thompson

CW Red v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Bryce Cunningham held his nerve to steer Green home to a tight victory over Red, in a classic game at the CWBCC Stadium. A game that saw no team passing 189, things were surprisingly well-balanced. Red batted first upon winning the toss but found life difficult on an unusually bowler-friendly surface.

Ghansar and Robbins posted the two top-scores, but Ghansar's best was just 27. Responding to Red's 159 all out, Green hardly found things easier. Indeed, Dave Watt continued his recent form spurt and ripped apart the top and middle order with 5 wickets. Rose and Cunningham did well in the lower order, but only 144 was managed in total.

Trying desperately to press home their slight advantage, the Reds were soon struggling at 61/4. Kenny Dobson and Ian Markus fought back admirably, then Borcich too invested his piece. Red 170 all out, set 186 as the target for victory.

Even the small target was never to be comfortable. The middle order played their pieces in building small starts and the game was poised nicely with Green 114/6. The approach was then changed. Cunningham and Verghese decided the best plan of attack would be... to attack. With the new mindset, a partnership of 52 was forged for the 7th wicket. Borcich returned and got Verghese and Weber in quick succession - 169/8.

On edge, Cunningham was hardly perturbed. He was dropped behind the stumps, then just 19 balls were needed to inspire victory.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 159 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 144 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 170 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 189 for 8
Cricket Web Green won by 2 wkts.

Man of the Match: BC Cunningham
Captains, please send your next OD and 5D teams in one batch. The schedule is currently a day behind and I'm trying to catch up. Please note that the teams will not have the services of the CWBCC Chairman's XI players for the 5D GAMES. They will be there for the OD games.

Attachments

Don

State Vice-Captain
greens not a good performance we should be doing alot better.time for some serious training.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Good effort by Bryce with the bat in both innings to get us home there. another great performance by the bowlers too :) the top and middle order of the batting was dissapointing again, we have to work very hard to rectify that.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Callum... what can I say? :)

Absolutely bloody marvellous innings, adding 127 for the last wicket (surely that's a record, Liam?) with myself, well pleased with that knock too from a personal perspective, then a great effort to nail the Blues again second time round. Jones replaces Blackman in the OD side for the next game, and the following is the 5D side:

Loc
Jones
Kearsley
Blackman
Dubb-Lynch
Chaulk +
Thompson
Hing
Richards
Pickup *
Broadbent

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Very, very disappointing. Even if we had been able to snuff out that last wicket stand by holding our catches we could have easily won that game, that extra 100 runs just made the difference in the end. We really didn't press home our advantage from great bowling with the bat either. Terribly disappointed with my terrible form with the ball as well.

masterblaster

International Captain
Fantastic team effort blacks, everybody did their bit!

Special mention to Callum Thompson, simply marvellous innings.

The Treble's still on!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Ok boys, we've suffered a bit of a defeat. We have to keep our heads up.

I'm getting a place in the 5D team, so we're bound to win the next one ;) .

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Reds! That was atrocious batting there, unfair for the bowlers to work so hard and the batsmen to just fail. Well done to Dave for the 5-for ;)

Just focus on winning the next one, these matches at the end of the season are the most important, keep up the intensity..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
bloody hell! i bowled decently first innings, but once again, my 2nd innings bowling was rather poor... haha itd be nice to put two together!

dissapointing team, good effort though in parts, some great performances for sure :)

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Nnanden said:
bloody hell! i bowled decently first innings, but once again, my 2nd innings bowling was rather poor... haha itd be nice to put two together!

dissapointing team, good effort though in parts, some great performances for sure :)
Likewise.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
come on reds, that was pretty awful batting there. some nice bowling though, espcially by watt.

crazy_macca

Cricket Spectator
Excited about debuting.. but i must say i think i could have done better.. ohwell always next game... from what ive seen around the plave is blacks on of the better sides?