• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Dydl

International Debutant
the sim said:
NS Pickup c Z Ghansar b MJ Robbins 5
Balls 7 Fours 1 Sixes 0

Isn't that your high score Neil? And you scored them so quickly!!

commentary said:
SA Bennett to NS Pickup: No Run
SA Bennett to NS Pickup: 4 runs
SA Bennett to NS Pickup: No Run
SA Bennett to NS Pickup: 1 run

NS Pickup 5 (4)

MJ Robbins to NS Pickup: No Run
MJ Robbins to NS Pickup: No Run
MJ Robbins to NS Pickup: OUT!

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome batting there, Ian, brilliant stuff. Excellent bowling there - there was always a chance they could have really gone for it.

Cloete

International Captain
Great batting from Dinu once again... He's been great all season. And some good support from Liam and Simon.

Bowling wise Liam did brilliantly as did Demeza. Woudl have loved a one run win, but that last over from Demeza was amazing :)

Same story again in OD, failing miserably. A first ball duck this time, but I'm havign a great season with the ball. So I'm delighted with my 2/35 from 10 overs!

Let's win the next 5D game Blue :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win there Reds.

Excellent innings from Markus and superb bowling at the death by Marc. Happy to be economical again leadining into the test series, but well done to Cameron on continuing his OD form.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
given our 1d form this season we should be pretty happy with a tie, not a bad eam effort...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great work from Camps and De Silva in that game, fantastic individual efforts.

I was a little disappointed to get taken out of the attack at the death after bowling the 45th and 47th overs for two runs and a wicket in my return spell, but Travis saved the game for us in the final over.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
Excellent game. Thoroughly outplayed them and they crumbled in search of a huge target.

Liam, is it 2.5 or 3 points for a tie?
The Excel table system doesn't actually cater for a tie, so currently it has registered as 1 point each - ie the bonus point.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Tie is better then a loss i suppose, would have been nice to get another win on the board thou. But a tie was most likely the fairest outcome in a match that both teams deserved to win. Happy with my individual performance 3/32 and 23*. Cunningham also bowled very well. Goffy, Feeney and Rose all batted well. Things are starting to look up for us :).

Hoggy31

International Captain
Nice win Reds! Great prformances by Bennett, Markus, Wright, Cameron and Robbins. Great stuff fellas keep it up. GO REDS!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The Excel table system doesn't actually cater for a tie, so currently it has registered as 1 point each - ie the bonus point.
Surely that should be adjusted... 1 point is what you get for losing, after all.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well, as there's normally 5 points in a game (4 points for a win + bonus point), it would make sense to give 2.5 points to each?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How do both sides get a bonus point? :S

Surely it's 2.5 points each (2 plus 0.5)

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Stuffed up that last ball, sorry, I was so sure that I saw a grasshopper at midwicket that I had to turn and look.

Nice to put up a decent score in an ODI though, and I suppose the greens could've gone slightly worse than a tie.

dinu23

International Debutant
whew! that was close guys. I still think we should have won that one. But great last over by Travis.

o.k. we were losing, now we have a tie, hopefully we can win the next OD.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
superkingdave said:
its only 4 points for a win - therefore it should be 2 for a tie
But then neither gets the bonus point - in any other game there's always someone who gets it. Therefore it would be fair to split it.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
then the best way of doing it could be

Match Points:

6 = Bonus Point Win

5 = Win

3 = No Result/Tie

1 = Loss

0 = Loss conceding bonus point