• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
There was method in that.

My experience of Twenty20 in England showed slower bowlers are better at slowing the game.
Maybe the method for this week, could be to take catches!

EDIT: comment made to team as a whole...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
wow...some great batting by Blewy and LoD, was back up by some tight bowling by Timewell and Delkap produced a good first win for Greens...

I'll just need to be careful the door doesn't hit me up the **** to hard on the way out of the playing squad :)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Blewy said:
well im extremely pleased with my performance, but more so with the teams efforts. We have started slowly but this win could be the win that kicks off our season...

Great effort team, Great partnership Reub's...
hides in a dark corner... :ph34r:

Mister Wright

marc71178 said:
Interesting comment that.
I'm not generally known for those...

I apologise to all red team mates, but it has been a frustrating time for me, trying to find some form and than to have catches dropped. But, what they hey, it is a part of cricket, I have been known to drop a few myself from time to time. I take it all back, and I'll buy everyone a beer at the CW Bar just to make up for it.

Sorry skip.

Mister Wright

Let me rephrase that - I'll buy all Cricketweb Red team members a beer at the CW Bar. I still haven't got my fulltime sponsorship yet to be able to buy everyone a beer.

masterblaster

International Captain
Great to beat the mighty Aussies in the 25Smash.

Im pretty happy with bowling performance, had an RPO of about 4.0 for a while, but that last over cost me, but thats 25Smash Cricket for you I guess - bad for bowling.

Still, pleased about my good form, and CW Black's success. Well done everyone.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great win for Green, Great partnership between blewy and Lord set it up and Rose,Timewell and Dlekap rammed home the advantage Great Stuff boys :)

cbuts

International Debutant
one of those days i probally should of jsut gone to the nets aye, didnt bowl didnt bat, but who cares when ur team wins so well. great performance guys, just hope i feilded alright

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Another game that I can quickly forget!!

0 off 2 balls with the bat, and a untidy 20 off 2 overs opening the bowling!! I'll be needing a few weight sessions in the coming days - gotta be able to carry those drinks with success!

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Happy to have played a big role in the CW Green's first win of the season. My tight bowling at the start helped, I think, by Rose who provided the experience that he has so often used in his mentor-like chats with me. Glad to see I'm the first player to bowl a maiden in the competition - not counting Brad Hogg although I probably bowled it before him...

Bit of a shame we didn't get them all out. Perhaps this shows we have a lack of penetration in the attack and I'd certainly like to work on my "devil" balls in the nets.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
I see I got put in for a couple of overs, can I ask which overs those were?
You bowled the 8th over and Timewell switched ends (8 runs off it) and then the 19th over (8 runs).

Mr Mxyzptlk

cbuts said:
one of those days i probally should of jsut gone to the nets aye, didnt bowl didnt bat, but who cares when ur team wins so well. great performance guys, just hope i feilded alright
You rolled your arm over for a couple of overs. 2-0-8-0.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Schedule:

Back into regular OD cricket now. Hopefully you guys will be able to menatlly switch between.
CW Red v CW Green at Cairns
Australia A v Cricket Web Black at the SCG
England A v Cricket Web Blue at the PDV Dome

The 12-man squads for tomorrow's games:

Cricket Web Red
Marc71178 (C), Bugssy (vc), Samuel Vimes (wk), Ian Markus, Zaid Ghansar, Imran Khan Jr., Dave, Mr Ponting, Mr Wright, A Massive Zebra, Amit Mookerjee, Nibblet.

Amit Mookerjee back in for the out-of-form Deeps and Nibblet replaces Andre.

Cricket Web Blue
Mr Mxyzptlk (C), Dylan Jellett (wk), Jason Toogood, Daniel Muhaffy, Craig, StUEy, Broncoman, Nath Patrick, Adam, Tom Halsey, Bluefox, Amir Ahmad.

Amir Ahmad in for Pete.

Cricket Web Green
Age Master (C), Lord of Darkness (vc), Adil Dewan (wk), Cloete, Xavier Rose, Blewy, David Jr., Biased Indian, Delkap, Nathan Hoy, Rob Timewell, Loony Bob.

Unchanged squad from 25Smash.

Cricket Web Black
Neil Pickup (C), Master Blaster (vc), Ash Chaulk (wk), Superkingdave, Dark Hunter, C Buts, Eclipse, Rich_2001, Chris Broadbent, Jagaways, Ferd, Vishnu Reddy.

Superkingdave retained in unchanged squad.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Tough loss guys... losing to the Green's hurts!!!

Dunno if i should be happy about my effort... whilst scoring a few (namely 69, for all those of you that's my favourite score cos I'm an immature brat) i sorta batted us out've the game....

sort've sorry but i dunno if i should be.. i need a counsellor...

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cricket Web Green
Age Master (C), Lord of Darkness (vc), Adil Dewan (wk), Cloete, Xavier Rose, Blewy, David Jr., Biased Indian, Delkap, Nathan Hoy, Rob Timewell, Loony Bob.

Unchanged squad from 25Smash.
*Falls of chair*

How the hell did i manage to stay in the squad after the 25Smash game :blink:.

Anyways...i'm hoping for a turn around performance if i get another start....

Mr Mxyzptlk

All Cricket Web bowlers will be competing this season for the following prestigious awards:

The LE Medal for the most 5D wickets.
The TC Medal for the most OD wickets.

For the batsmen:
The Don Bradman Medal for most 5D runs.
The David Hookes Medal for most OD runs.

The wicketkeepers:
The Andre Medal for most dismissals.

The most outstanding 25Smash player will receive the Blitz Challenge Trophy.