• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I am extremely disappointed by the poor catching by our team and at key moments to boot.Seems we are taking after the West Indies.Let's step it up guys.You're making me lose wickets.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Wow! I made a 50! I'm so proud already. Sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of days, I'm on holiday with guests around, but this was certainly something nice to see while I popped back in. Hopefully I can keep this up... don't want to let the team down. Go Greens! We'll start winning soon enough. :)

ash chaulk

International Captain
Neil Pickup has got to be the up and coming super star of the captainsy role (sorry for dropping some catches)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
25Smash BEGINS!

And we're off!

The 25Smash season has begun with a bang I might add.
Sponsored by the Cricket Web Bar.

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Green
CRICKET WEB GREEN 198/2 25.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 151/2 25.0 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 47 runs

Man of the match: Blewy

The Greens won the toss and were out of the gates in blazing fashion, taking 11 runs from the second over of the innings and 14 off the third. Lord of Darkness accounted for 16 of those runs and looked in prime touch. Smart changes of pace reeled the situation in again and then Mr Wright had Cloete LBW to a ball which may have been heading down the legside. Just 3 balls after, Mr Wright had Darkness (on 37) dropped - a simple chance to Deeps at point. In Wright's next over he saw Marc floor a catch off Blewy's bat (on 5). Blewy advanced further to 23 and the was put down again, this time by Deeps off Zebra's bowling.

Those chances would be crucial misses and 10 runs were scored from the next Markus over to signal a charge from the score of 84/1 after 13 overs to 198 from 25 - 114 runs from 12 overs. Blewy crashed Ghansar for two towering sixes in an over to get to his half-century from only 32 balls, joining Darkness who got to his from 42. The two batsmen added 109 runs for the 2nd wicket and set up a huge total.

Chasing, the Reds never really got going in the face of some tight full-length bowling from Timewell and Rose. Bugssy tried to stir up the innings with a brisk half-century knock, but Markus at the other end found timing the ball difficult. Dave came and went to the bowling of Rose and Andre wasn't allowed enough time for a significant impact as the Greens tightened the screws.

Cricket Web Black v Australia A
AUSTRALIA 'A' 168/3 25.0 overs
CW BLACK 172/1 21.5 overs

CW Black won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: Eclipse

Electing to chase rather than set a target, the Blacks took the field after winning the toss. The initial bowling from Broadbent and Blaster produced wickets but was rather expensive. Indeed Maher hit Broadbent for a sequence of 4,6,4 immediately before his dismissal. Mike Hussey, batting at 3, was calm yet unorthodox in rotating the strike and hitting timely boundaries. At the other end David Hussey was solid in support. The two bowlers found life a bit more difficult against the spinners, especially Superkingdave.

Pickup started loosely with 18 runs surrendered from 2 overs, but tightened up a bit after that. The pick of the bowlers has to have been Dark Hunter though, who bowled 4-0-18-0 before he bowled the 24th over and gave up 10 runs. Master Blaster was also quite good in bowling his first 4 overs for just 16 runs, but giving up 3 boundaries and 17 runs in total from his 5th - the 25th over.

Set a challenging total, the Blacks openers came out in flambouyant mood. They took command with 75 runs from the first 10 overs and never looked back. Eclipse raced to 50 from 43 balls then accelerated further before Blewett trapped him LBW attempting to paddle-sweep. Chaulk had reached 50 from 44 balls and guided the Blacks home with the help of former CW XI captain, Rich_2001.

Cricket Web Blue v England A
Peter Young called heads and got heads then elected to bowl first on a flat PDV Dome pitch. The Blues then put on the most disciplined and effective of bowling performances on the day of 25Smash cricket. Patrick got Kabir Ali early and Broncoman had Troughton after a good cameo. Bell too played a cameo then played on to Mr Mxyzptlk and the middle order proceeded to collapse. Halsey bowled the spell of the day and had the Englishmen in all sorts of problems and had two very close LBWs turned down.

Ultimately the Blues were set to chase a relatively small 122 to win. Things started with a BANG as StUEy and Craig raced along to 44 between them from 4 overs. The latter was caught at midon and a miniature collapse followed. Craig batted with great composure though and found a willing partner in Daniel Muhaffy with whom he added some 42 runs. The opener reached his half-century from 53 balls and eventually saw his team home, running a quick single to point for the winning run.

Attachments

NikhilN

International Regular
Wow great batting from CW Green.Blewy did really good...poor bowling from Red...overall a good fast match...lots of 4's and 6's

Loony BoB

International Captain
Marvellous stuff from the top boundary hitters of CricketWeb Dev League - having Blewy, Lord o' Darkness and Cloete in our team really does give our chances of winning any tournaments a massive boost. Delightful knock from Blewy, awesome stuff, and a huge 100 partnership with LoD took loads of pressure off the Green bowlers.

I see I got put in for a couple of overs, can I ask which overs those were?

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
happy with my 60 odd, cont believe i didnt get tossed the ball after 7 ppl bowled however probably a good idea not to bowl while blewy is going nuts. dissappointing we couldnt get a win there guys, but lets get going and start winning, yer yer

ash chaulk

International Captain
Blacks win again!

Bowlers worked hard but the Australians seemed to hit us around a bit.... i guess its just adjusting to the style.

Batting wise we only needed 3 now thats awesome altho i bet the middle order wished they got to bat but were a team.

I went to Sanfernando in the off season to practise my opening of the batting and well altho i didnt make many runs there its paying off in the 25smash comp

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Marvellous stuff from the top boundary hitters of CricketWeb Dev League - having Blewy, Lord o' Darkness and Cloete in our team really does give our chances of winning any tournaments a massive boost. Delightful knock from Blewy, awesome stuff, and a huge 100 partnership with LoD took loads of pressure off the Green bowlers.
Exactly my thoughts..

Awesome first match.. Although captain age can you request me to bat around 4 so blewy can bat at 3... im not too comfortable with opening...

Cloete

International Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
Exactly my thoughts..

Awesome first match.. Although captain age can you request me to bat around 4 so blewy can bat at 3... im not too comfortable with opening...
And I am? :(

Great perofmrance from Green, Blewy and Lord set it up while the bowlers finished it off. I'm a bit disappointed not to get a bowl though. But when we win I can live with that!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
good win by blue, bloody troughton got me back after getting him out in england innings :@

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
well im extremely pleased with my performance, but more so with the teams efforts. We have started slowly but this win could be the win that kicks off our season...

Great effort team, Great partnership Reub's...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great to be back in form, although I am not very happy with my team on the dropped catches side of things. I demand four training sessions a week. They say catches win matches, it certainly rings true on this occasion.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mister Wright said:
Great to be back in form, although I am not very happy with my team on the dropped catches side of things. I demand four training sessions a week. They say catches win matches, it certainly rings true on this occasion.
haha i think ill just give up on reporting on the personal side of things... it always seems to be the same!! on a team level though, that was gr8. keep it up blues.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
haha i think ill just give up on reporting on the personal side of things... it always seems to be the same!! on a team level though, that was gr8. keep it up blues.
Nah, it is different for me, I have been in shocking form since the last test against Bangladesh (and that was a one off).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
happy with my 60 odd, cont believe i didnt get tossed the ball after 7 ppl

There was method in that.

My experience of Twenty20 in England showed slower bowlers are better at slowing the game.