• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well when the CW XI are back from the West Indies and finish their World Cup celebration et al ;), there should still be more than half the season to go. However, the players who are having good seasons will not be readily displaced by CW XI players.
i understand that when the wc tour is over that we wont be just walking back in aslong as there is some of the seaon left so i may get a game or 2 thats all

go the reds!!!!!(never thought i would hear the day i would say that)

deeps

International 12th Man
dammit... that's 3 times i've been bowled...:@:@ sorry guys, i just can't find my feet in the 5d's... would it b possible if i made a swap to number 5 or 6 for one game? and i want more net sessions!!!

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
go reds go

well guess my inclusion in team worked like a good luck or is it that players fear their removail :D any which ways as long as we WIN, and can some one updat eme on this isnt these successive wins we had one of the biggest wins this season considering the oposition we defeated, i dont htink anyone else has done somethin like this.

keep the red flag high

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
I've decided to sit out the next OD game.Last few performances haven't been good so I want to take a self appointed rest.Only for one game though.Need to regain the form i had at the beginning of the season.Ok guys?
i agree that you should sit out the next OD game. we should try and slightly reduce your workload a little as well. maybe i or a few others could bowl more overs.

As for the last game i think we need to learn to be more aticnt playning spin, particularly that of indian the runs will come as long as we wait for the bad balls. i am probably more guilty of this than anyone particularly as i usually play spin brilliantly :(.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
LOL yeh it was good water after all that made us play better zghansar ;)

Am so happy about getting my first FC 50, it came at a much needed time, just when my batting was getting worse and worse.

The team played outstandingly, the wickets were shared with myself, yaju and reddy all taking 5 wickets for the game. Runs were shared around with 3 people scoring 50+, and 1 person scoring a hundred - which is his first FC 100, congrats jagaways :)

That win was a great confidence boost i feel, all the hard training sessions marc has put us through has finally payed off. Great work guys. :D

ash chaulk

International Captain
age_master said:
i agree that you should sit out the next OD game. we should try and slightly reduce your workload a little as well. maybe i or a few others could bowl more overs.

As for the last game i think we need to learn to be more aticnt playning spin, particularly that of indian the runs will come as long as we wait for the bad balls. i am probably more guilty of this than anyone particularly as i usually play spin brilliantly :(.
ill hit those spinnas over the fence in the OD's

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Teams for OD games

CW Red vs Veterans XI
Craig
Jagaways
Eyes Only (wk)
Deeps
Ian Markus
Marc71178
Daniel Muhaffy
Imran Khan Jr.
R_Powell_fan
Vishnu Reddy
Dave

12th Man: Zaid Ghansar

CW Blue vs Australia 'A'
StUEy
Dylan Jellett
Patrick Fisher
C Buts
Langeveldt (C)
Samuel Vimes (wk)
Andre
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
Bhooth Nath
Chris Broadbent

12th Man: Jamee999

CW Green vs India 'A'
Paid the Umpire
Ferd
Ash Chaulk
Gibbs N Smith
Jason Toogood
Adil Dewan (wk)
Umpire Money (C)
Master Blaster
Sanz
Chris Hinton
A Massive Zebra

12th Man: Umpire Money

Note 1: Age Master will sit this one out due to moral obligations.

Note 2: Zebra will be getting his debut in this one due to Xavier Rose being out. To the other recent signups (Ghansar and Hunter) your time will come. This is not favouritism or anything of the sort, it's just that there is an opening for A Massive Zerba (hehe) and so he will play.

Note 3: Nikhil Nichani will play for India 'A' in this OD. I expect to take a scolding for this decision, but the fact is that India 'A' have a weak spot at #3 and Nikhil Nichani has a good OD record, so he will fill it. That said, it will significantly harder for him to get into the unbeaten 5D side.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i request that the CW green match be postponed until the rest of CW green have the chance to have their say and decide wether to play or not. i believe that there ismore than one other player who wishes to withdraw any match involving Nikhil Nichani... they have ofcourse not yet had the chance to say so publicly...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW Green vs India 'A'
Paid the Umpire
Ferd
Ash Chaulk
Gibbs N Smith
Jason Toogood
Adil Dewan (wk)
Umpire Money (C)
Master Blaster
Sanz
Chris Hinton
A Massive Zebra

12th Man: Umpire Money
[/B]
an interesting selection anyway....

PY

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Note 3: Nikhil Nichani will play for India 'A' in this OD. I expect to take a scolding for this decision, but the fact is that India 'A' have a weak spot at #3 and Nikhil Nichani has a good OD record, so he will fill it. That said, it will significantly harder for him to get into the unbeaten 5D side.
This decision utterly bemuses me.

I can't quite believe it. How can someone be in the WC squad for one 'nation' then he gets sacked from that and go plays for the country in which supporting got him in trouble in the first place?

Plus how does he get in straight away? Within one day of being sacked he has proven himself to the coaches of India 'A'?

:blink:

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just interested to know - is nikhil not a regestered Cricket Web Player?? if so how could this qualify him for india a?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Note 1: Age Master will sit this one out due to moral obligations.
Correction, the Green Team are boycotting the game.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Note 3: Nikhil Nichani will play for India 'A' in this OD. I expect to take a scolding for this decision

Not least because your "punishment" has yet to be ratified by the board...