• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

PY

International Coach
I think Chris (if you don't mind me calling you that) agrees with us and makes a valid point.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK. This is going way too far.

1) As Neil Pickup has pointed out, this contravenes ICC Eligibility Rules. Nichani must wait four seasons before he is eligible to play for any other team.

2) Realistic argument here. Let's face it, the real Nikhil Nichani has a chance roughly equal to mine of getting near the Indian team. The reason we're giving ourselves a chance is for fun - we know that we won't have a chance on international level ourselves, so we create a team in which we play. That's perfectly all right - it's a game. But then we shouldn't think that we are on such a level, and therefore can pick and choose which team we play for. Think of the consequences. If I was at the level which the sim was at, I'd go and become the first choice keeper for Norway, and probably getting some quite decent scores against Gibraltar and Italy in the Euro Championships, Neil Pickup would be spinning it for England instead of Ashley Giles, Marc Robbins would replace Rikki Clarke as allrounder, and Eclipse, Cloete and Blewy would be contenders the Australian top order.

I can't believe that Nichani, in this way, is getting a free pass into the international scene. If Nichani should now get a 100 against CW Green (which he won't, because according to the players' statement which Age Master, the captain of the Greens, has signed, the match should be forfeited), and continues his great form, India could theoretically call him up. But IRL, Nikhil Nichani is a USA-based teenager, who's played amount of cricket on a a top level. I say we keep realism into this - virtual players should be kept virtual.

If the CWBCC will continue to make such decisions, I'm afraid I will have to step down as Players' Representative. I cannot, and will not, condone the free movement of virtual players around to international teams.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An excellent statement.

It is reassuring to know that there are some people at the top with strength of character and principles.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
a massive zebra said:
Is the CW Green match going ahead or not. Why do we not just play India 'A' without the rebel?
The CWBCC (India division) have picked Nichani for reasons known only to themselves. This decision can only be reversed by CWBCC officials, and until that decision is reversed, the Greens should forfeit the game, as stated by Andrew Garven in the Players' Statement of 11 May 2004.

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
well, i say if nikhil is part of a cw team then he cannot therefore go play for another country, simple as that, keep it real and simple

if nikhil cant agree with that then he gets dropped from the cw squad due to personal reasons

i too am joining the boycott of the one dayer against india a

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
what the ?

wow its all happening guys

alot of good arguments have been voiced , and boycotting looks like a strong stand!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Well Nikhil Nichani has officially retired from all forms of cricket and all CW games were postponed to day/night fixtures which should be nearing completion.

Mr Mxyzptlk

12-05-04

VETERANS XI 247/5 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 248/3 42.2 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Craig

Coach's Comments:
This is the way to play! When the bowling doesn't quite fire, the batting comes up strong! Craig played another supreme knock of pure class and Jagaways and Deeps complementing him nicely. Deeps endevoured to finish the game in style and did so with a 6 then a 4 off the final two deliveries... facing Ambrose!

---

ENGLAND 'A' 78 24.2 overs
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 80/3 22.0 overs

South Africa 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Mfuneko Ngam

It's just South Africa's day!

---

ZIMBABWE XI 247 45.3 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 216 49.2 overs

Zimbabwe XI won by 31 runs

Man of the match: HH Streak

---

AUSTRALIA 'A' 207 35.4 overs
CRICKET WEB BLUE 211/5 31.3 overs

Cricket Web Blue won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Andre

Coach's Comments:
The seniors always do it best. After the Aussies blazed away at the opening bowlers, the introduction of Andre to the equation saw some sanity arrive, as he bowled economically and with good penetration. Chasing the modest total, StUEy and Jellett set the table well, but it was Buts who held the innings together with a classy and mature show (despite being dropped on 0 - first ball.)

---

INDIA A 90 22.5 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 92/5 18.4 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Sanz

Coach's Comments:
Somewhat affected by the Nikhil Nichani issue, the Indians were shot out due some superb bowling on a shotty pitch. Sanz and Zebra were almost unstoppable, as only Bhardwaj made 20 or more. In response the Greens struggled a bit early, but Ash Chaulk batted solidly to take us home. A fine way to cap off a good end to a tough day for CW cricket.

Attachments

DJellett

International Debutant
Dylan's form: :thumbsdown:
"What's wrong with me?" *Breaks down in tears*
"Why is mine smaller"
The score you dirty thugs...

Neil Pickup

DJellett said:
Dylan's form: :thumbsdown:
"What's wrong with me?" *Breaks down in tears*
"Why is mine smaller"
The score you dirty thugs...
What makes you think any of us would interpret it any other way.

Jeez... 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
Craig
Eyes Only +
Jagaways
Deeps
Marc71178 (C)
Ian Markus
Daniel Muhaffy
Imran Khan Jr.
Dave
Vishnu Reddy
Yaju Arya

12th Man: Zaid Ghansar

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Red
StUEy
Patrick Fisher
Dylan Jellett
C Buts
Jamee999
Samuel Vimes +
Langeveldt (C)
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
Chris Broadbent
David Kennett

12th Man: Bhooth Nath

Cricket Web Green vs England A
Paid the Umpire
Gibbs N Smith
Ash Chaulk
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Adil Dewan +
Umpire Money
SquidAU
Master Blaster
Xavier Rose
Sanz

12th Man: Chris Hinton

cbuts

International Debutant
who dropped me on zero? id like to buy him a beer :D . that wuold have been a third golden for me, gotta get the concentration giong early in my innings. thats my fouth 50 in a row, three of them have been not out :D some form coming in finnally this season. and so to with the team, we must be near the top for the od's??? big game tonight, lets **** up these reds boys!!!!!!