• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
stuff the team, me me me me me me me me me hahaha nah j/k i luv u greens rest assured i purely had the teams form in mind, for the one dayers as the batting has been anything but stellar.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I second what Marc said, a big win against a dangerous opponent to really keep our ball rolling. We should get another square off against the Vets later in the piece and the way we're going we should be ready. We really capatalised on some ****house bowling by the South African's, who gave us 30 sundries, but hey u have to capitalise and we did.

I had heaps of fun batting today with everyone else and having some nice partnerships with people other than Deeps. I was surprised at how funny Marc is out there.

Their batting was crap, and it was great to see Muhaffy show his talent, he's a good young prospect as an all rounder and good to see him shine.

Personally, very happy with another not out, just keep on rolling them in simulator and I'll be happy. 233 not out, **** hey that'd do the avg a world of good.

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Congrats to REds

Atlast our unit is getting the dues they need, its thrilling to be in a winning team, lets hope we never loose a game this season let the heat take us through unbeaten, and one by one all our players will strike form dont worry.. WATCH OUT ALL.... REDS ARE BACK WITH A VENGANCE

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
VETERANS XI 269/3 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 248 47.4 overs

Veterans XI won by 21 runs

Man of the match: Desmond Haynes

Coach's Comments:
A valiant effort here from the Greens, but the Veterans were just too much in the end. Ash Chaulk made his return to CW cricket from his suspension and made a big impact with an impressive knock at the top. Credit too to Jason Toogood for another fine innings to the cause. The bowling was quite shocking though, led by a totally unexpected meltdown by Xavier Rose. Not the worst effort, but not quite good enough.
[/I]

next time i will have to bowl myself.... and thats not a good thing (i dunno why but i have never really bowled well for CW A or Green before :()

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Teams for 5D Matches

Cricket Web Red vs Veterans XI
Craig
Eyes Only +
Jagaways
Deeps
Marc71178 (C)
Ian Markus
Daniel Muhaffy
Imran Khan Jr.
Dave
Vishnu Reddy
Yaju Arya

12th Man: Zaid Ghansar

Cricket Web Blue vs Australia A
StUEy
Patrick Fisher
Dylan Jellett
C Buts
Jamee999
Samuel Vimes +
Langeveldt (C)
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
Chris Broadbent
David Kennett

12th Man: Bhooth Nath

Cricket Web Green vs India A
Paid the Umpire
Gibbs N Smith
Ash Chaulk
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Adil Dewan +
Umpire Money
SquidAU
Master Blaster
Xavier Rose
Sanz

12th Man: Chris Hinton

Mr Mxyzptlk

bugssy said:
keep going reds, do us reds over in the world cup pround and when its over i will hopefully be able to lend my services to you guys.

are we going to be able to play in the devs liam or will the devs be finished by the time we get back.

need to help celebrate with the reds when they take it all out. :D
Well when the CW XI are back from the West Indies and finish their World Cup celebration et al ;), there should still be more than half the season to go. However, the players who are having good seasons will not be readily displaced by CW XI players.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
blues season moving steadily along but we need improvement. on a personal level in OD im tootin along and in 5d great econ. rate but need a few more wickets. batting like an avg of 10 for both... stats liam? 8-) thanks
cmon blues, we are doing well, lets keep it up

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Hehe, i dont have stats for you, but i have stats for CW Red.

Any of the red's who are interested here are the stats as per what i have worked out. They are fairly accurate.

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cheers Dave - the last lot led to subtle changes that ended up in 2 wins against one of the better sides...

Mr Mxyzptlk

11-05-04

Cricket Web Red 482
Veterans XI 248 & 193

Cricket Web Red won by an innings and 41 runs

Man of the match: Dave

Coach's Comments:
Best of the season so far! A great team effort with the bat, led by a maiden FC hundred from Jagaways set up a tough task for the Vets. Note also of Dave's and Daniel Muhaffy's first FC 50s. It was then the great bowling of the seamers to finish the job. A huge win here over very strong opposition as the Reds roll back into contention.

---

England 'A' 235 & 229
South Africa 'A' 292 & 176/8

South Africa 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: S Abrahams

---

Cricket Web Blue 344 & 297
Australia 'A' 472 & 172/4

Australia 'A' won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: ML Love

Coach's Comments:
A disappointing meek surrender from the Blues. On a flat track, none of the batsmen carried on as they should have. Only Buts really looked on top of his game as the rest got starts and frustratingly fell away. The biggest shock of this game, however, was the ineffectiveness of Tom Halsey. The Aussies showed no respect for the young leggie and he dispatched with ease. As per usual, much work is to be done before the next 5D game.

---

New Zealand 'A' 308 & 360
Zimbabwe XI 407 & 262/6

Zimbabwe XI won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: A Flower

---

India A 293 & 266
Cricket Web Green 243 & 190

India A won by 126 runs

Man of the match: A Mishra

Coach's Comments:
Well it's just about official now. The CW players can't play quality spin bowling. Those that did not perish to loose shots outside the offstump against the seamers, were bamboozled by the Indian spinners. Jason Toogood and Xavier Rose definitely snap back to reality in this one and, especially Rose's recent matches are particularly worrying. Fatigue perhaps? Credit to Ash Chaulk on reaching his highest two FC scores and to Umpire Money for continuing to bowl well with his medium pace. A very very ugly effort here. The heart was there, but the ability seemed to be lacking. One hopes I'm proven wrong...

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Super Eights Matches

LeaderBoard

Most Runs (5D)
A Flower (ZIM XI) 906
Jason Toogood (GREEN) 714
JP Maher (AUS A) 711
MTG Elliott (AUS A) 656
StUEy (BLUE) 640

Most Wickets (5D)
Xavier Rose (GREEN) 34
A Mishra (IND A)/D Pretorius (SA A) 32
Tom Halsey (BLUE) 29
AM Salvi (IND A) 28
CT Tremlett (ENG A) 26

Most Runs (OD)
JP Maher (AUS A) 345
M van Jaarsveld (SA A) 339
Ash Chaulk (GREEN) 297
RA Smith (VET XI) 290
Craig (RED) 289

Most Wickets (OD)
Xavier Rose (GREEN)/D Pretorius (SA A)/CEL Ambrose (VET XI) 14
Vishnu Reddy (RED) 12
Dave (RED) 11
Patrick Fisher (BLUE) 10

Season avges attached.

Attachments

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I've decided to sit out the next OD game.Last few performances haven't been good so I want to take a self appointed rest.Only for one game though.Need to regain the form i had at the beginning of the season.Ok guys?

cbuts

International Debutant
dam blew 2 centriues in that game. come on blues we need to get our 5 day record back on track!

must admitmy average in 5d isalot better than i thought, been 2 goldens earlier in the season in here. 586 runs not bad - along way behind flower though, **** is he dominating or wat

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Hope u guys can win one without me.It'd be good to see someone else besides me take some wicketsand keep the runs down.How about it Liam?Wanna drop me for one game?

NB ONE GAME!!!!

DJellett

International Debutant
Hmmm.....
I seem to have lost my form....
Maybe a move in the batting order would be the remedy...
OR KEEPING!!! (HINT HINT)
Hehehe...