• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Victor Ian

International Coach
They probably used the one piece bails you get on kids sets. Therefore, the decision goes with whoever throws the bigger tantrum.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I recall reading about an incident when, because it was an extremely hot day, the varnish on the bails and stumps melted and sealed everything together. Obviously in an era when this equipment was varnished to preserve it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

“I remember walking out on to Eden Park and Mark Greatbatch called me out and said ‘Ruds, just be careful’, because he had captained a President’s XI against Pakistan and he said Salim tried something on him at the toss but he did not quite know what it was,’’ Rutherford said.

“As I tossed the coin I was wondering what he was going to do and after the coin hit the ground once he actually caught it on the bounce (rather than let it settle) and said ‘we will field’ on a very green wicket on which both teams were desperate to field on,’’ Rutherford said.

“That was bad enough. But the thing was he had two things going for him because when he called he mumbled something that was not heads or tails but something in between which had a bit of both … it was like ‘Teds’ or Hails.’

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Ireland's Josh Little has ripped through Zimbabwe's top order in their latest odi.

Taken all 4 wickets to fall so far including 3 in one over to reduce them to 19/4.