• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Sudeep

International Captain
LOL, an explanation for the weird question... A lot of three digit scores I could interpret from the sequence as Surrey's scores during their 1899 Championship win...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
I did interpret his clarifications to the 'white' question as meaning the team plays in white (i.e., it's not one-day cricket), but it is not a Test record. I therefore assume we're looking for a FC record set by a team from a country primarily inhabited by whites.
Well, the record could have been set when one day matches were played in whites !

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
Is it a sequence of partnerships?
Steulen, you must check earlier questions. It is not an individual record or a partnership record.
No query Marc :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I tried checking Victoria's record 1107 runs against NSW in an innings in 1926 but though the first wicket fell at 375, other digits dont match up :@

Steulen

International Regular
SJS said:
Steulen, you must check earlier questions. It is not an individual record or a partnership record.
No query Marc :p
I beg to differ. My line of thinking is, it could be a highest team innings score world record with the sequence representing the 10 partnerships. Marc would then correctly have stated that it's not a individual or partnership world record.
But perhaps my interpretation of that particular Q&A is wrong :ph34r:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
I tried checking Victoria's record 1107 runs against NSW in an innings in 1926 but though the first wicket fell at 375, other digits dont match up :@
Got it !!

Steulen

International Regular
SJS said:
Still, that's too close for comfort. Perhaps the sequence includes minutes or balls face or some such?
Or we might as well ask the question:

Does the sequence refer to Victoria's 1107, made against NSW in 1926?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Steulen said:
I beg to differ. My line of thinking is, it could be a highest team innings score world record with the sequence representing the 10 partnerships.
You got it between you!

It is the 10 partnerships:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
Got it !!
375 first wicket, 219second, 20 for third, 17 for foutrth, 26 (5th). 177(6th), 81(7th), 128(8th), 3(9th) and 61 for the last wicket partnership in Victoria's record 1107 runs agains New South Wales 1926-27 !! :p

Steulen

International Regular
SJS said:
375 first wicket, 219second, 20 for third, 17 for foutrth, 26 (5th). 177(6th), 81(7th), 128(8th), 3(9th) and 61 for the last wicket partnership in Victoria's record 1107 runs agains New South Wales 1926-27 !! :p
So don't go saying I should read previous questions better, m'kay? :cool:

Steulen

International Regular
I did not look up anything, that's why my Q's were rather vague until SJS put the flag on them :).
Anyway, I'll be logging off in a few minutes so I'm happy to allow SJS to get the next teaser in.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Yes, but not sure which of you got it first, and i bet you didn't do it without looking up the scorecard :p
I should have got it much earlier but I was looking at the fall of wickets instead of taking out the difference between them to get the partnership figure :p