• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Just a warning. If the question is not properly worded, you may get a reply which might misguide. So be very carefull in ensuring that the query has ONLY one meaning and is precise. BTW, this warning has nothing to do with the queries so far. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Are there some hyphens and decimal points missing?
This is an example of a vague question.

For example it can mean a) are hyphens missing but decimals are not, b) are decimals missing but hyphens are not, c) are hyphens AND decimals BOTH missing and so on.

Would you like to rephrase the query or want me to answer it as it is ?

Steulen

International Regular
Was this record set in domestic cricket? (with this I mean all cricket except Tests/ODI's, FC/List A matches between touring and domestic sides and national A sides, and junior international cricket).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Can I replace hyphens and decimal points with punctuation?

Is there some punctuation missing?
Just a clarification. Of course the digits are mixed in the sense, the spaces between them are removed (this is not an 18 digit record obviously) but they are not jumbled up, ie to say, they are in their correct sequence.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
Was this record set in domestic cricket? (with this I mean all cricket except Tests/ODI's, FC/List A matches between touring and domestic sides and national A sides, and junior international cricket).
You mean non recognised cricket like school cricket, club cricket, village cricket etc ?

NO (Q9)

Steulen

International Regular
No, I meant to include domestic FC and List A cricket as well (e.g., Pura cup, County Championship). So NSW vs. Vic is domestic cricket, but NSW vs. New Zealanders is not. Does that change your answer? :whistling

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Is it Tich Freemans run of wickets taken in 6 consecutive seasons?
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done.

Yes

1928 to 1933 he took 304, 267, 275, 276, 253 and 298 wickets making 1673 wkts in 6 seasons at 279 wickets per season.

Not only is his 304 the highest ever in a season and the 298 the second highest ever, these are six of the top 11 seasons wicket taking performances in history. Only two bowlers have ever taken more than 279 wickets in a season and he averaged 279 over six consecutive seasons.

Some Bowler.

Your turn for the next question. :)

twctopcat

International Regular
Looks like it could be an amalgamation of bowling stats e.g 3000 over, 1200 maidens etc all rolled into one.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I'm back!

Another sequence of numbers - what does it represent?

Marc you have to say something besides putting these figures together. Like my question was :-

The following digits, all put together, constitute a record.

What is that record ?

The digits are not jumbled up

and it is an individual's record.