• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Deja moo

International Captain
Doesnt matter which day it ended .

For example , there might be just an hours play on each day due to rain. We would then have just 5 hours of play.....see what I mean ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Doesnt matter which day it ended .

For example , there might be just an hours play on each day due to rain. We would then have just 5 hours of play.....see what I mean ?
Yes I see what you mean but I havent a clue what time it ended.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealands first ever test against Australia. It ended just after lunch on day 2 at the Basin Reserve 1946

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Oh oh. I missed the point. It was an incomplete match.

India versus Sri Lanka 1996. Less than an hour's play was possible in the entire test :p

By the way, I just found out that the Melbourne test between S Africa and Aussies, I mentioned above WAS the shortest completed match ever. The total playing time was 5 hrs and 53 mins :D

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
2) Hutton is right
Deja moo said:
Surti is right
SJS since 2 of your answers are correct, for the sake of keeping this thread moving, please ask the next question while we await Deja moo to come back and confirm the answer to the third part.

I also say this, because one of the rules of this thread is to limit to one or at most 2 questions at a time only, (that's only if the two are inter-related) as biased indian, Super king dave, jamee 999 etc who are sticklers to this rule will confirm. [ I have broken this rule in the past occasionally by asking 3 questions only to be rapped under the knuckles :tomato: :whip: :scared: by biased indian. ]

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
One first class cricketer has been declared out for not coming into bat within the two minute time limit. Who was it and when and where did it happen ?

Thats all one question :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
One first class cricketer has been declared out for not coming into bat within the two minute time limit. Who was it and when and where did it happen ?

Thats all one question :D
Tripura's Hemulal Yadav in Ranji Trophy Match 20th December 1997 between Orissa and Tripura at Barabatti stadium, Cuttack.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Tripura's Hemlal Yadav in Ranji Trophy Match December 1997 between Orissa and Tripura at Barabatti stadium Cuttack.
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That was ridiculously quick. Serves me right for picking it up from a quiz forum on the net.

Your turn

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Serves me right for picking it up from a quiz forum on the net.

Your turn
8-) Don't know what you're talking about !! I knew it all along in my little grey cells . :laugh:

What is the fastest Team hundred in ODI's (ie how many overs) and which team reached it, when where against whom ? This is all one question. :laugh:

Just kidding only two of the answers needed . :cool2:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
9.1 overs, Sri Lanka v Pakistan, Singapore, 1995/6. The final of the tournament when Jayasuriya scored a 50 in 17 balls

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
There are now three timed outs.

In 2002/3 Vasbert Drakes was out while playing for a South African team. He was supposed to reach there from Sri Lanka and join the team but his plane was late.

AJ Harris was the other, in 2003.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
9.1 overs, Sri Lanka v Pakistan, Singapore, 1995/6. The final of the tournament when Jayasuriya scored a 50 in 17 balls
:oops: That took a mere 4 minutes !! :kwasny: :devil2: :thumbup:

This thread is catching fire !!! Whoopeee.... Your turn

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Hopefully, this will take more than four :)

For what wrong reason was the woman Louise Shipman in the news in the late 1980s ?

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
No.

Late eighties. You may say that she was responsible for the end of the English revival in the second half of eighties.

Jason, where did you get the 9.1 overs question from ? It is not a stat that is available in the usual cricket sites.

Last edited: