• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Guessing :D 0/90 (does it have to be exact ? :) )
Close enough for me - 0/96.

The other interesting feature of that hat trick is that the third batsman, Inkitab Alam got out to a bat-pad catch. He wasn't going to be given out, but he walked, which was pretty rare in the days of hometown umpires.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
Close enough for me - 0/96.

The other interesting feature of that hat trick is that the third batsman, Inkitab Alam got out to a bat-pad catch. He wasn't going to be given out, but he walked, which was pretty rare in the days of hometown umpires.
:jump: Thanks a million Voltman :D ( :cheers: Three cheers to Voltman :notworthy :rockon: )

I revert to my previous question which I had left as a standby a few posts ago.

Question - How many players born in the United States of America have played Test Cricket ? How many Tests have they played ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
2 players and 9 tests
My source suggests a different answer.

But you may be right (knowing how pretty knowledgeable you are on these in the past) , could you name the two players ? (I'll give it to you if they are right)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Since Biased_Indian has not asked question and over 24 hours have passed, for the sake of not letting this thread stagnate, I am putting forward a question -

Question-

When did four members of the same family (ie. father, brothers only not cousins) play in an International game? Who are they ? Which game?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Mohammeds of Pakistan I guess.

In the 60s?
Nope. AFAIK all 4 did not play in same game together (only 3 together at most, I think).

Clue is in the wording of the question :D

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
The curious thing is the presence of father there. There is no chance of a father and sons playing together in an international game, unless it is a very low level one. Fiji v Papua New Guinea and the like :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
The curious thing is the presence of father there. There is no chance of a father and sons playing together in an international game, unless it is a very low level one. Fiji v Papua New Guinea and the like :)
:no: I did not say father and brothers. :flex: What I said was Father or brothers ie immediate family and not cousins. :tomato: :sweat:

Clue :cowboy: :canadian: :beer: :serenade:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
imagine said:
Cayman Islands.
Christopher, David, Michael and Philip Wight.
6-Jul-2004 USA v Cayman
http://live.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE...SCORECARDS/CAY_USA_AMERICAS-CC_06JUL2004.html
is this?
Imagine I am going to hand it to you. :unsure: I don't know if the USA V Cayman Islands is considered an International Match !! :wub: But I was not aware that 4 brothers played for Caymans. :confused1 :sweat: In fact Cricinfo says on top of the 4 brothers their cousin also played !!

The Answer I was looking for was - :cursing:

In the International fixture between Canada and the United States of America (which I know for a fact is considered the oldest International Cricket tie ), played at Nicetown, Philadelphia on September 13/14, 1880 - four brothers appeared for the United States:

George M. Newhall
Daniel S. Newhall
Robert S. Newhall
Charles A. Newhall

Had I known about the Caymans, I would have worded it to say when was the first occasion 4 members of the family played in an International Match. :whip: :stretcher

Imagine over to you !! :thumbup: :whistling :(