• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

biased indian

International Coach
JASON said:
More Clues to Question 1 - He captained England in his Test Debut and the opposing Captain was Clem Hill. :D - this should make it extremely easy.
it s clear in the rule laid out in the first post that u can ask only one question
other wise some who get the answer can ask some 20 question and we will
have to wait for every one to be answered

pls stick to rules

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
it s clear in the rule laid out in the first post that u can ask only one question
other wise some who get the answer can ask some 20 question and we will
have to wait for every one to be answered

pls stick to rules
Okay. Then Steds can ask the next question ! Or else who-ever wants to ask the next question ?

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
who has the record for the most consecutive ODIs without scoring a run? (includes, 0, 0*, and did-not-bats)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I will revert to my previous unanswered question from before as quoted -
JASON said:
Question -

1. Who is the only cricketer ever to win an Olympic Gold Medal (in individual sport rather than Team sport) and when ?

Clue 1 - He was an England Captain and it was an early Olympics
Clue 2 - He captained England on his Test debut and the opposing captain was Clem Hill.
Clue 3 - Johnny will hit today, for Aussies - Johnny won't hit today

NikhilN

International Regular
JASON said:
I will revert to my previous unanswered question from before as quoted -
JASON said:
Question -

1. Who is the only cricketer ever to win an Olympic Gold Medal (in individual sport rather than Team sport) and when ?

Clue 1 - He was an England Captain and it was an early Olympics
Clue 2 - He captained England on his Test debut and the opposing captain was Clem Hill.
Clue 3 - Johnny will hit today, for Aussies - Johnny won't hit today
Clue 4? :p

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Johnny Douglas. Won a boxing gold in 1908 London olympics defeating the versatile Aussie 'Snowy' Baker. The referee of the bout was Douglas' father.

Pataudi Sr. nearly won a gold in hockey in 1928. The Indian team travelled to Amsterdam via London. Pat played for the team in some exhibition games, but did not travel to Amsterdam for the games.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
Johnny Douglas. Won a boxing gold in 1908 London olympics defeating the versatile Aussie 'Snowy' Baker. The referee of the bout was Douglas' father.

Pataudi Sr. nearly won a gold in hockey in 1928. The Indian team travelled to Amsterdam via London. Pat played for the team in some exhibition games, but did not travel to Amsterdam for the games.
Correct. Well done . :thumbsup: Phew ....
Thats why I said individual sport rather than Team sport !!

Johnny will hit today stands for his initials JWHT. In Oz the fans apparently said Johnny Won't hit Today !!

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Which first class cricketer was a doctor by profession, won two silver medals in Olympics and coached teams from his country to two golds ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
Richard Charlesworth? :)
Ric only one Olympic Silver in 1976, and a Gold Medal in 1986 World Cup Hockey ! I don't think he won two Olympic Silver Medals, did he ?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JASON said:
Ric only one Olympic Silver in 1976, and a Gold Medal in 1986 World Cup Hockey ! I don't think he won two Olympic Silver Medals, did he ?
My Knowledge of Oz hockey bit sketchy, so you're prob right! :D

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Sorry. Charlesworth was the expected answer but he has only one silver :(

I somehow thought that he won a silver in 1984 too.

Over to BoyBrumby.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ta!

Ok, nice easy (ish) one cos I can't drag brain into gear after the Bank Holiday!

Who were the two Australian batsmen seriously hurt by Harold Larwood in the first innings of the third test of the 32/33 (Bodyline) Ashes tour?