• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Since no-one seems to want to ask the next question, May I ?

Question -
A true All round sportsperson.
Besides representing the country in cricket and Baseball, represented the State in Golf, won a state Tennis title, prominent at lacrosse and a first rate swimmer.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
Australian
None of the other Test playing countries (apart from Australia) have States except India, although I would definitely be interested to know of an Indian cricketer who played baseball and golf for his State, as well as winning State Tennis title and lacrosse and swimming!!!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
As nobody seems to be interested in asking a question, May I -

Question.

Played All of his short Test career (of 7 tests and 2 Test series, one each) against Pakistan and India, the highlight of which was a Test in which he made 77 and 54, his subsequent involvement with the game was of immense success also involving other countries in the Subcontinent .

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JASON said:
As nobody seems to be interested in asking a question, May I -

Question.

Played All of his short Test career (of 7 tests and 2 Test series, one each) against Pakistan and India, the highlight of which was a Test in which he made 77 and 54, his subsequent involvement with the game was of immense success also involving other countries in the Subcontinent .
Gotta be Dav Whatmore?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
JASON said:
Of Course !!

BTW you must be an ACT brumbies fan ? I love them too.

Your turn to ask the question .
I am a Brumbies fan by default, Brumby is my actual surname!

Ok (warming to Rugby theme): Who is the last English Rugby Union intrernational to have a first class century to his name?

Apologies if it's too easy....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This question is easy, thus I am going to make it into two parts to make it a teeny weeny bit harder .

Part A - Born in non Test playing country A, played 3 tests for country B, then a record 22 years and 222 days later plays for Country C in 4 Tests and then moves to live in Test playing country D . Name player and countries.

Part B - Born in Country E , Played 19 Tests for Country F, Coached Country B and G. Name Player and Countries.

I should have been in bed long ago (despite being at work Ha Ha Ha), So please forgive me If I don't acknowledge your answers till the morning (now only a few hours away ). Bye for now .

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
JASON said:
This question is easy, thus I am going to make it into two parts to make it a teeny weeny bit harder .

Part A - Born in non Test playing country A, played 3 tests for country B, then a record 22 years and 222 days later plays for Country C in 4 Tests and then moves to live in Test playing country D . Name player and countries.

Part B - Born in Country E , Played 19 Tests for Country F, Coached Country B and G. Name Player and Countries.

I should have been in bed long ago (despite being at work Ha Ha Ha), So please forgive me If I don't acknowledge your answers till the morning (now only a few hours away ). Bye for now .
Jame999 had asked a question and delkap had given an answer and it all happened today so y are u asking a question when one is already there

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Which bowler has taken more than 50 wkts in ODI's in a calendar year at the least average? There is only one more bowler who took 47 wkts at a even lower average than the player mentioned above, who are these two and their averages ?

Please don't google or use cricinfo, see if you can come up with them on top of your head..

In-case no-one gets em today, you can do your search which will take 2 minutes at most :) If you hv done that, please post the next question as I am not sure I'll be here tomm..

NikhilN

International Regular
delkap said:
Which bowler has taken more than 50 wkts in ODI's in a calendar year at the least average? There is only one more bowler who took 47 wkts at a even lower average than the player mentioned above, who are these two and their averages ?

Please don't google or use cricinfo, see if you can come up with them on top of your head..

In-case no-one gets em today, you can do your search which will take 2 minutes at most :) If you hv done that, please post the next question as I am not sure I'll be here tomm..
Ajit Agarkar?