• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
This has taken the shape of an "SJS format", so would you rephrase the question to answer with yes or no.
The question is such, such a format is necessary to find the answer. :)

Was he a batsman?
Was he a bowler?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
The question is such, such a format is necessary to find the answer. :)

Was he a batsman?
Was he a bowler?
Was he a batsman?.....NO
Was he a bowler?....YES :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
William Attewell?
Yes well done.

The record is of being the most economical bowler in history (minimum ten tests as bowler and meinimum 200 deliveries). He averaged 22 runs per 100 deliveries (1.32 per 6 ball over).

Your turn.

archie mac

International Coach
Thanks SJS :)

Nice easy one: The Australian crowds would call out Johnny Won't Hit Today- in reference to JWHT Douglas :D

But what did they call out to PGH Fender?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Thanks SJS :)

Nice easy one: The Australian crowds would call out Johnny Won't Hit Today- in reference to JWHT Douglas :D

But what did they call out to PGH Fender?
Percy/Please Go Home ??

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Doesn't look like SJS is going to post Q .

How about this one from me-

Question

Who was the first player to be stood down from a Test team when the opposition objected to his inclusion ?

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:

Question

Who was the first player to be stood down from a Test team when the opposition objected to his inclusion ?
I am thinking Dolly or Jackman?

TIF

U19 Debutant
JASON said:

Question

Is it Virender Sehwag during the 2001 India-England test series after Sehwag had been banned for 1 test during the "Denness the Menace" episode in 2001 banning many intl players?

England, said that they wont play a official test match if Sehwag was included in the Indian team and that the match would be counted as an official test.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
TIF said:
Is it Virender Sehwag during the 2001 India-England test series after Sehwag had been banned for 1 test during the "Denness the Menace" episode in 2001 banning many intl players?

England, said that they wont play a official test match if Sehwag was included in the Indian team and that the match would be counted as an official test.
Q2 Virender Sehwag ? No

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Don't think so. It was a blind guess.

The earliest (likely) case that I know is Lall Singh in 1933-34. Singh had played in India's first Test in 1932. One source says that Douglas Jardine protested against his inclusion in 1933-34 (he had lived most of his life in Malaysia) on residential qualifications. But it seems that ICC had treated Singh's inclusion in 1932 as a one-off case, so he might not have played anyway.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
Don't think so. It was a blind guess.

The earliest (likely) case that I know is Lall Singh in 1933-34. Singh had played in India's first Test in 1932. One source says that Douglas Jardine protested against his inclusion in 1933-34 (he had lived most of his life in Malaysia) on residential qualifications. But it seems that ICC had treated Singh's inclusion in 1932 as a one-off case, so he might not have played anyway.
Q4 Was it Lall Singh ? No , not Lall Singh. :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Was it before Lall Singh ?

PS Sorry for not posting my question on time. Trying to earn a living :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TIF said:

It wasn't England involved, it was SA.

And it wasn't a side refusing to face Sehwag, it was 2 sides ignoring the ICC rules.