• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Did it appear in the US of A ? :)

Pennsylvania perhaps

....NO

If above not correct then India ... :D
....YES

The writer is obviously English.
YES

Guesses for Blank 4,5 or 6 - "Wog "
.....NO....they are three different words(names) but of a type

Guess for Blank 7 "Pommy
".....NO

** Question to SJS - if it is this rude - I hope you don't mind my saying , should this be in this quiz at all ? ***
PROBABLY NOT but then again....why not ? :D

PS : Its tough finding new trivia questions everyday andd this is ..well.. different :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Correct answers recd so far :-

1. City/Country of publication : ----------, India
2. Names in Blanks 1 to 3 : ...............
3. Names in Blanks 4 to 6 : ..............
4. Nationality of writer : ENGLISH

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac

Does 7= British....NO

Are any of the other: Roman, Parsi, Asian, Mongolian....YES but which ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Where is SJS ?

BTW I don't think anyone's going to get the rest, so If you don't mind could you give the rest of the answers and I will post next "cricketing" trivia . :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Where is SJS ?

BTW I don't think anyone's going to get the rest, so If you don't mind could you give the rest of the answers and I will post next "cricketing" trivia . :D
Okay :).

The letter (or excerpts from it) with the missing words reads :-

Tastes differ: but for my part it does my heart good to see and hear these vigorous lads so earnest about their manly game. It shows that though the sons of exiles and traders, they still have running in their veins some of the old blood of Kaikoshru, and Ardaseer, and Shapoor, whom we, after Greeks, prefer calling Cyrus, and Artaxerexes and Sapore.

There Mr Editor, topics are few, the weather is hot; I have dropped the ball before your bat; it is for you to knock it with as much vigour as (not being a Parsee lad) can be expected of you.

It was written by Sir Joseph Arnould, then Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court, to the editor of the Bombay Gazette in 1868 when.....A random cricket ball struck, not in the least injuriously, the wife of a European Police Costable. The behest consequently was given by the Commissioner of Police that no more cricket should be allowed at the Oval, and the Parsee cricketers were, thereupon, driven away thence by the police.

The ground, inspite of the Chief Justice's support and that of the Bombay Gazette was taken away from the cricketers.

Your turn Jason.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
I am certain that is right so ask away :)
Its absolutely correct.

That November he had his right kneecap removed; his surgeon kept it as a souvenir, before giving it to MCC as part of the Lord's archive. Compton's biographer, Tim Heald, examined it and reported that it was like a medium-sized mushroom, honey-coloured and honey-combed.
- source : cricinfo​

Your turn Pratyush.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
An Achrekar student achieved a feat in international cricket which even Tendulkar and Kambli couldnt. Who was this player and what did he achieve?