• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
When he reached the 1000 in 1982 he hadn't scored a single hundred.
That MUST be it !!

Maybe thats what he meant about that confusing career thing. A player may score a thousand runs in a career and yet not score a century. Scores have done that though :huh:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
What's all this talk about Tests?
First batsman in the world to score 1000 runs in a calendar year - 1983 - 1086 runs.

Why the hell did I think it was test matches :@

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Freddie Brown achieved a remarkable feat which would have been unique had it not been achieved by one other cricketer before him ?

Whats the feat and who is the other cricketer ?

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
Freddie Brown achieved a remarkable feat which would have been unique had it not been achieved by one other cricketer before him ?

Whats the feat and who is the other cricketer ?
Jupp and Brown are the only players to have done the double for two counties?

archie mac

International Coach
I was just reading about Brown, and that fact stuck in my mind, for some reason, but I had to look up the other players name. So here is an easy one for you SJS :)

Whom or what was Wisdens referring to when it said "By doing away with XXXX cricket is in danger of losing (its) spirit ... " ?

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
I was just reading about Brown, and that fact stuck in my mind, for some reason, but I had to look up the other players name. So here is an easy one for you SJS :)

Whom or what was Wisdens referring to when it said "By doing away with XXXX cricket is in danger of losing (its) spirit ... " ?
amateurs

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
Where did you come from? :D

Well done ramkumar_gr, your turn :)
Thanks for that. Thatz my first answer in this thread. Fortunately got it right.

Which player took the longest time to register his second international hundred after scoring his first?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ramkumar_gr said:
Thanks for that. Thatz my first answer in this thread. Fortunately got it right.

Which player took the longest time to register his second international hundred after scoring his first?
In tests ?

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
SJS said:
In tests ?

see it is like this. The gap between any two international hundreds (ODI or tests).

A batsman scores his first test hundred and his first ODI hundred will be his second international hundred and viceversa
or
gap between someone's 1st test hundred and 2nd test hundred
or
gap between someone's 1st ODI hundred and 2nd ODI hundred

It could be any of the above.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ramkumar_gr said:
see it is like this. The gap between any two international hundreds (ODI or tests).

batsman scores his first test hundred and his first ODI hundred will be his second international hundred and viceversa.
Gavaskar

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
SJS said:

Hope i am not confusing you. It is the longest gap between any 2 international hundreds.

i have refined my conditions. see my earlier post.

Why Gavaskar is not the answer is because his first 2 test hundreds came in quick succession.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ramkumar_gr said:
Hope i am not confusing you. It is the longest gap between any 2 international hundreds.

i have refined my conditions. see my earlier post.

Why Gavaskar is not the answer is because his first 2 test hundreds came in quick succession.
Sorry. I misunderstood.