• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Was it in an ODI?
Does it have something to do with the number of boundaries hit?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
On the other side, quite a few players in the history of the game have made their FC and Test debuts in the same match. A recent example I can remember is Parthiv Patel.
How come Cricinfo has his FC career starting in 2001/02 then?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
How come Cricinfo has his FC career starting in 2001/02 then?
Ah. I am sure I had heard that some where! Cricketarchive ratifies you though and you are spot on.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I did think that no matter how desperate for youth the Indian selectors seem to be at times, they wouldn't go so far as to pluck some kid off the street, give him some gloves and pads and tell him "you stand there and try and catch the ball"

Although, having then watched him... ;)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Just to clarify, not a question.

A Ricky Ponting innings, while captain, in a ODI, the score was 150 or less, but higher than 100, and in less than 200 balls, the innings was in the sub-continent.

And Stats Guru spits out this:

TVS Cup Match 8

Is it hitting 7 times as many 6's as 4's in an innings?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
Just to clarify, not a question.

A Ricky Ponting innings, while captain, in a ODI, the score was 150 or less, but higher than 100, and in less than 200 balls, the innings was in the sub-continent.

And Stats Guru spits out this:

TVS Cup Match 8

Is it hitting 7 times as many 6's as 4's in an innings?
Yeah, you got it. Only ODI century ever with only one four in it

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
An unbreakable record held by David Gower of England, Hampshire and Leicestershire

SJS style if you want.
Q1 Is it a test record ?
2. Is it a batting record ?
3. Is it a first-to-do-this type of record ?
4. Is it something to be proud of ?
5. Does it involve his being a left hander ?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Q1 Is it a test record ? NO
2. Is it a batting record ? ALL READY ASKED BY BURPEY
3. Is it a first-to-do-this type of record ? YES
4. Is it something to be proud of ? YES
5. Does it involve his being a left hander ? NO