• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Were they Palm leaves? And did they lay them down one way for the first team, and then turn them up the other way when the other side scored? :D

I really have no idea, I'm just trying to confuse you with Aussie logic :laugh:
NO

But I will give it to you and tell it since you got the leaves bit and 50% of a guess at the country.

They put leaves into a hat to mark the runs scored.\
When the other side came into bat, they started taking the leaves out of the hat.
When all leaves were gone, one run was needed for a win !!
If the innings ended before the leaves did, the winning margin was the number of leaves left in the hat !!!

I told you it was quaint :)

Your turn.

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
NO

But I will give it to you and tell it since you got the leaves bit and 50% of a guess at the country.

They put leaves into a hat to mark the runs scored.\
When the other side came into bat, they started taking the leaves out of the hat.
When all leaves were gone, one run was needed for a win !!
If the innings ended before the leaves did, the winning margin was the number of leaves left in the hat !!!

I told you it was quaint :)

Your turn.
That was my next guess :D

Q What do Edgar Mayne, Colin Cowdrey and Doug Walters have in common?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
:D Clue It is not a Cricketing thing
Archie -this is afterall a cricket quiz!! :D :laugh:

So if its something to do with their personal life - it should not be here !! :laugh:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Archie -this is afterall a cricket quiz!! :D :laugh:

So if its something to do with their personal life - it should not be here !! :laugh:
Where have you been? :(

I thought this one would last about 2 mins, I was looking for a question that anyone on this forum could answer with a little research :)

Here are some other names that could be on this list: John Inverarity, Brad Hogg and Lindsay Hassett.

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Is it to do with long gaps between Tests ?
No, and I can't really give a clue without giving the answer, but here is another name we could place on this list: Wendell Bill

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
You are making this way to hard Jason :ph34r:

Here is another NAME: Malcolm Francke
Apart from noting that the above-named is my countryman , I am totally lost on this one !! :D

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Apart from noting that the above-named is my countryman , I am totally lost on this one !! :D

Here is a clue, what's in a name?

Here is another name for our list: Brian Taber

archie mac

International Coach
Jamee999 said:
All have initals of famous cricket club (dunno, just looked at Cowdrey :p)
You are quite close their Jamee, it is to do with thier christian names, but more want they are known by rather then what they were christen. I hope that helps some one to answer now :p