• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

archie mac

International Coach
Is it that they took 4 wkts in each innings of a Lord's Test but failed to have their name on the honour board for not taking 5 for?

Is it anything to do with the Lords honour board?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Is it that they took 4 wkts in each innings of a Lord's Test but failed to have their name on the honour board for not taking 5 for?

Is it anything to do with the Lords honour board?
It cant be test matches, Solanki has not played any. I think its a FCC thing but one or more of these players may have achieved it in tests too.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
I think you got it. I am pretty sure thats it.
- Vikram Solanki : C&G Finals 2004
- Norman Gifford : Gillette Cup Finals 1963
- Derby vs Northants : Natwest Finals 2005

I am sure one can find the others.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
It is Man of the Match in a losing cause in the major Cup final (Not B and H or Twenty20).

Well done greg and SJS.

Decide among yourselfs who will go next.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

The attached picture is of a famous person of a by gone era . Who is he ? What was the famous book he wrote ?

Attachments

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Pedro Delgado said:
I'm just playing silly buggers again.

Hmmmm, so it's after 1924...there's a clue.....

I don't know.
Clue 1 - He served in the First World War, before achieving what he did !!