• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
What I meant was siblings closer than just ordinary siblings ! :mellow:
Twins??? The only twins to play Test cricket are Steve & Mark Waugh and Hamish & James Marshall ( as far I as I am aware )

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
What about husband and wife - one playing in mens side and the other in the womens?? (Obviously)
Hadlee's wife has played One day cricket for NZ but not in a Test !! But that's not what I had in mind. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Twins??? The only twins to play Test cricket are Steve & Mark Waugh and Hamish & James Marshall ( as far I as I am aware )
You've obviously had the wrong signal !! :D

There were twins long before these twins were even thought of !! :D

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
That had me puzzled for a while, Jason.

What is the record for the most runs off a single ball in Test history ? Name the instance.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
That had me puzzled for a while, Jason.

What is the record for the most runs off a single ball in Test history ? Name the instance.
8 by John Wright NZ v Australia 1980-1
and
EH Patsy Hendren England v Australia 1928-9(both included 4 overthrows)
note both instances were v Australia

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
8 by John Wright NZ v Australia 1980-1
and
EH Patsy Hendren England v Australia 1928-9(both included 4 overthrows)
note both instances were v Australia
Corrent ... your turn mate

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Name the most unluckiest 12th Man for Australia who subsequently served in an important cricket coaching capacity ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Jack Potter? He taught Warne the 'flipper'
Correct !! Good to see you are back from your holiday ! :D

The reason he was considered the most Unluckiest 12th man was because after being 12th Man 3 times he failed to play in a single Test.

He was then Australian Cricket Academy Head Coach between 1988-90 and Shane warne would possibly have been under his Tutelage then and if Archie Mac says is True, being a leg spinner himself -he may have taught Warney the Flipper !

Your Turn Archie ! :)

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Correct !! Good to see you are back from your holiday ! :D

The reason he was considered the most Unluckiest 12th man was because after being 12th Man 3 times he failed to play in a single Test.

He was then Australian Cricket Academy Head Coach between 1988-90 and Shane warne would possibly have been under his Tutelage then and if Archie Mac says is True, being a leg spinner himself -he may have taught Warney the Flipper !

Your Turn Archie ! :)
Thanks Jason, a good break which would have been great if the Kangas could have won!

This is a two parter the first of which is easy
Name the bowler known as Tangles?
Name the bowler from the same state whom bowled in the same style?

Hint he played Test Cricket in the 70s :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Thanks Jason, a good break which would have been great if the Kangas could have won!

This is a two parter the first of which is easy
Name the bowler known as Tangles?
Name the bowler from the same state whom bowled in the same style?

Hint he played Test Cricket in the 70s :)
Max Walker is Tangles