• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
What are you guys on about ?

Did he play first-class cricket for SA at all ? ( I'm stumped Jason, I need some help )

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
What are you guys on about ?

Did he play first-class cricket for SA at all ? ( I'm stumped Jason, I need some help )
Played FC cricket for SA . But Test cricket in the sub continent.

Help - He is currently South Australian, not by birth !! (that really gives it away !!) :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
What was historical about the Australia v England Test at the MCG in 1885 ?
The team that played the second test was completely changed - all 11 from the previous Test because they demanded more money.

ie the first time in the history of Test Cricket 11 changes to a Team from one test to the next ?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
The team that played the second test was completely changed - all 11 from the previous Test because they demanded more money.

ie the first time in the history of Test Cricket 11 changes to a Team from one test to the next ?
It could be first time in the history of Test Cricket 11 changes to a Team from one test to the next. However, the piece of history I am looking for came as a result of the best XI not playing, so you are on the right track

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
I'm not sure, but the piece of history I am looking for came as a result of the best XI not playing
Most Test debtants in a team since the First ever Test between the countries , ie 9 for Australia ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Probably true again, but not what I am looking for
First player to play in all the Tests to then not playing ie. the first uninterrupted sequence of Test appearances being interrupted (James Blackham) because the player did not play due to being dropped ?