• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

The cricketer pictured second from left held a record which stood for over 32 years before being broken recently. He played crucial part in his country's first Test victories against 2 other major cricketing nations.
The picture shows the celebration after one such win.

Who is he ? What was the record ?

Subsidiary questions - who is first from left, who is 4th from left and who is 3rd from left pouring out champagne ? :D

Attachments

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Question

The cricketer pictured second from left held a record which stood for over 32 years before being broken recently. He played crucial part in his country's first Test victories against 2 other major cricketing nations.
The picture shows the celebration after one such win.

Who is he ? What was the record ?

Subsidiary questions - who is first from left, who is 4th from left and who is 3rd from left pouring out champagne ? :D
The one pouring the champagne is certainly Bevan Congdon, so it is the NewZealand side.

Congdon played in three of NZL first test wins over a country.
- India 1968 at home
- England 1978 at home
- Pakistan 1969 in Pakistan

I am feeling too lazy to investigate :)

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
I cannot recognise the players but the second from left must be Collinge and the record the highest score by a No.11

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
I cannot recognise the players but the second from left must be Collinge and the record the highest score by a No.11
Yep, it'll definately be Collinge as his record has recently been broken by Zaheer Khan (75 vs Banlgadesh) at number 11 against Bangladesh.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
Yes it was Richard Collinge, who was instrumental in NZ's first ever Test Victory over Australia(1973) and England(1978) !!

The record was the highest score by number 11 !!

First From Left John "Mystery" Morrison, 3rd from Left Bevan Congden, 4th From Left is Jeremy Coney !!

The celebration after NZ's victory over Australia 1973.

Tapioca or Somerset can ask next question. :) :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Another famous photograph !! :D :D
Please identify all individuals in the photograph and name the incident to become winner.(and then please post next question)

Attachments

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Question

Another famous photograph !! :D :D
Please identify all individuals in the photograph and name the incident to become winner.(and then please post next question)
Batsman : Brian McKechnie
Non Striker : Bruce Edgar
Keeper : Rod Marsh
Bowler : Trevor Chappell
Umpire : Either Cronin or Weser

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Batsman : Brian McKechnie
Non Striker : Bruce Edgar
Keeper : Rod Marsh
Bowler : Trevor Chappell
Umpire : Either Cronin or Weser
I can only presume you have intentionally posted Edgar as non striker to avoid asking question.

So,I am giving it to you.
Non striker was Hadlee.(Sir Richard)

Your turn ! :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
I can only presume you have intentionally posted Edgar as non striker to avoid asking question.

So,I am giving it to you.
Non striker was Hadlee.(Sir Richard)

Your turn ! :)
It could only be if he was standing in as a runner for Bruce Edgar. Edgar was 100 something not out and famously made a two finger up yours gesture after the ball was bowled by TC.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
It could only be if he was standing in as a runner for Bruce Edgar. Edgar was 100 something not out and famously made a two finger up yours gesture after the ball was bowled by TC.
You are correct !! Apologies ! Your turn. :p :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PAKMAN said:
the guy standing in every presentaion ceremony in india ?

lol jus kiddin
Hey Pakman

Who do you think will open for Pakistan tomorrow. Batting I mean ?

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
its a tough one,most likely kamran and butt but they might just gamble with younis or malik ,im sure they understand by now that afridi is best down the order ,what do u think