• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PAKMAN said:
its a tough one,most likely kamran and butt but they might just gamble with younis or malik ,im sure they understand by now that afridi is best down the order ,what do u think
I have always felt Afridi should not open but you guys didnt agree :)

Actually, after seeing him at the start of the last game I would say, he CAN open but its impossible for his eyes not to light up with 10000 watts when he sees what looks like a half volley. If he stopped hitting across the line and lifted after thinking about it a bit, he really may not be bad as an opener. But I dont think thats going to happen.

And I would not use temporary options like Akmal. So Pakistan needs to talk to Younis and Malik and see which of them is willing to take it up as a long term responsibility along with Salman. I personally would go with Younis.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Okay

Here is a simple one.

Who is M. A Bharadwaj
Is it Raghvendrarao Vijay Bharadwaj an offie from Karnataka who played 3 tests for India ? or is it any of his relatives?:D

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
He played for only one season of first class cricket. Started with a fine bowling effort on fc debut in Ranji trophy. In his second match, he did twice as well and achieved a bowling feat that had been done only once before and never since. At the end of the season, he was involved in a parachuting accident which made him a paraplegic and ended his career.

Who is this not very famous cricketer ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
He played for only one season of first class cricket. Started with a fine bowling effort on fc debut in Ranji trophy. In his second match, he did twice as well and achieved a bowling feat that had been done only once before and never since. At the end of the season, he was involved in a parachuting accident which made him a paraplegic and ended his career.

Who is this not very famous cricketer ?
JS Rao

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Good answer.

Hattrick on debut; Two hattricks in the same innings in his second fc match, something done only by Albert Trott.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
A quick round.

Who has the highest Test Batting Average (the player must have been out). The second part to the question is, in the first player's debut test innings what was the name of the person who held the catch that dismissed him. And thirdly, where did the second player make his debut, to be more specific, which city?

All 3 answers are required.

biased indian

International Coach
Jamee999 said:
A quick round.

Who has the highest Test Batting Average (the player must have been out). The second part to the question is, in the first player's debut test innings what was the name of the person who held the catch that dismissed him. And thirdly, where did the second player make his debut, to be more specific, which city?

All 3 answers are required.
but answer this simple question first :)

how come u r asking a question now??

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Because it has been quite a while since Jason has answered....AND Simple checking back a few pages show which times JASON comes on most..... AND IMO it's an interesting question.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I'll post one now, but if Jason comes back on, feel free to pst a different one.

What are 2 Sri Lankans, one fairly recently, retired the only people to do on debut?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The Baconator said:
I'll post one now, but if Jason comes back on, feel free to pst a different one.

What are 2 Sri Lankans, one fairly recently, retired the only people to do on debut?
We can keep your question !! That's fine with me ! :happy: :happy:

biased indian

International Coach
The Baconator said:

have a pair on debut

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
The Baconator said:

Wicketkeepers to score century on Debut ? or unbeaten centuries on debut ?
DSBP (Brendon) Kuruppu - 201 n.o v NZ
Romesh Kaluwitharana - 132 n.o v Australia

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
JASON said:
Wicketkeepers to score century on Debut ? or unbeaten centuries on debut ?
DSBP (Brendon) Kuruppu - 201 n.o v NZ
Romesh Kaluwitharana - 132 n.o v Australia
Correct, only 2 wicketkeepers to score a hundred on debut, your turn.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice one Jason, I suppose the question having to do with Sri Lankans was easy enough for you to answer though!