• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
You got it ... I thought you were gone :@
I am sorry for coming from the dead Mate !! :D :D

I am certainly gone now, have got a long drive ahead !!

Hope Somerset wouldn't mind posting a question !! (Since he owes one ) Otherwise I will post tomorrow !!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
I am sorry for coming from the dead Mate !! :D :D

I am certainly gone now, have got a long drive ahead !!

Hope Somerset wouldn't mind posting a question !! (Since he owes one ) Otherwise I will post tomorrow !!
Sure, I'll dig one out.

I happened to know that answer too, it was mentioned in the New Zealand vs Australia thread just recently...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Lou Vincent was run out in the 2nd round match in Dambulla when New Zealand played Sri Lanka in a tri series also involving Pakistan in 2004. What was remarkable about this?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
u sure the year was 2004, not 2003?
Erm...yes I think you're right, 2003, my apologies.

So the question again:
Lou Vincent was run out - big hint - in the 2nd round match in Dambulla when New Zealand played Sri Lanka in a tri series also involving Pakistan in 2003. What was remarkable about this?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
only time he's been run out in his career?
Near enough. It was the first time in 147 matches, or 170 innings, including test matches, ODIs, first class games and List-A one day games, that Lou Vincent had been run out in his career.

Ironically, he was also run out in the final.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
my turn

Walter Hammond and Richard Hadlee are the only players to achieve this feat twice. What is it?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
my turn

Walter Hammond and Richard Hadlee are the only players to achieve this feat twice. What is it?
Burkey , this looks more like a question in the new cricket trivia format and posibly more suited to that thread !! :)
Because it looks like a tough one to crack. :D

Clues are probably what may help unravel this one !! ( I will not accuse you of killing the thread with a toughie, like you did to me a couple of days ago !! :laugh: :laugh: )

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Burkey , this looks more like a question in the new cricket trivia format and posibly more suited to that thread !! :)
Because it looks like a tough one to crack. :D

Clues are probably what may help unravel this one !! ( I will not accuse you of killing the thread with a toughie, like you did to me a couple of days ago !! :laugh: :laugh: )
Fair enough, Jase. I thought this was of cricket guru difficulty (or easiness).

Here's a clue. It should make it pretty easy I should think.

It has to do with ending a match.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Fair enough, Jase. I thought this was of cricket guru difficulty (or easiness).

Here's a clue. It should make it pretty easy I should think.

It has to do with ending a match.
Hitting a six to win the match ?