• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
benchmark00 said:
I have it for sure... He holds the record for the most matches played in purple underwear.... how easy was that!

my go now?
most certainly not !!

Are you confusing him with your mate Pink ***e J**s :@

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like poor SJS has not recovered from Sciatica yet !! Hope he get's well soon !!

I am going ahead and posting another question in the meantime !!
Once SJS gets better he can confirm the answer for his question !!

Question

Who is the Australian cricketer with the longest Test career (from debut to final day of Test) ?

As a supplementary- Who had the longest career for any country ? (this is too easy - so the answer to this will not count!!)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JASON said:
Looks like poor SJS has not recovered from Sciatica yet !! Hope he get's well soon !!

I am going ahead and posting another question in the meantime !!
Once SJS gets better he can confirm the answer for his question !!

Question

Who is the Australian cricketer with the longest Test career (from debut to final day of Test) ?

As a supplementary- Who had the longest career for any country ? (this is too easy - so the answer to this will not count!!)
Syd Gregory...?

i know the second part of the question was Wilfred Rhodes

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
benchmark00 said:
Syd Gregory...?

i know the second part of the question was Wilfred Rhodes
Correct !! :clapping:

Sorry Bryce you were beaten by a whisker !!

For the record - longest careers -

Wilfred Rhodes(England) - 30 years 315 days
Brian Close (England)- 26 years 355 days
Frank Woolley (England)- 25 years 13 days
George Headley (West Indies) - 24 years 10 days.
John Traicos (SA/Zim) - 23 years 41 days
Jack Hobbs (England) - 22 years 233 days
G.Gunn (England) 22 years 120 days
Syd Gregory (Australia) - 22 years 18 days

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
What is the youngest a player has been to play his final test match & who is the player?
? Ian Craig, No it was Archie Jackson

Edit - Ian Craig - retired at 22 years and 9 months

Archie Jackson played his last Test aged 21 years and 5 months but dies aged 23 years and 164 days

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Alfred Scott (AHP Scott) Wet Indies - only Test he played at 18 years 6 months !!- Can't beat that !! :)

Only just beats Doug Freeman of NZ by a few days !!

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanjeewa Weerasinghe 17 years 6 months ?

Edit - Khalid Hasan only Test at 16 years 352 days !! :)

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Who is the bowler to have taken most wickets in a day in a Test match ? how many ? What is unique about the wickets ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
John Briggs

15 wickets for 28

no second player was involved in his wickets 14 bowled and 1 Lbw
Correct !! Your turn !!

--------------------------------------------------------
I am in mourning with my countrymen from Sri Lanka who have lost (upto 20,000) lives as a result of the Tsunami !! :down: :cry: :(

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Over 24 hours gone !! No question !!

OK here's an easy one to re-ignite this thread !! Everyone please do try and maintain the continuing chain of this thread ! (If you post an answer please try your best and post a question if the answer is deemed correct !)

Question
It was first publicly recognised in a game between Middlesex v Leicestershire at Lords in 1900. Who is credited as its pioneer ? When was it first seen in Australia ? Who was the famous Australian cricketer associated with this ? :)