• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
JASON said:
Thanks Bryce, BI's data comes as no surprise , since I tended to answer questions (and then post questions) at a time when the thread was in slight decline from lack of interest !!

Credit's due to BI, Sudeep, Marc, Superking Dave, Jamee 999,Neil , Lucky Eddie along with SJS, Tapioca and many others for keeping this thread going !! And maintaining the interest !! The more people we keep interested in this thread the better !!

We should all try and get this thread to be one of the longest threads on the forum !!
Okay no credit for me.. the person who thought of the concept in the first place :(...

Glad you share my sentiments about liking this thread a lot. I havent held the title of Cricket guru even once after I declared myself the FIRST cricket guru :)

Doesnt mean I havent always checked on this thread... its some thing I always enjoy going through..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Okay no credit for me.. the person who thought of the concept in the first place :(...

Glad you share my sentiments about liking this thread a lot. I havent held the title of Cricket guru even once after I declared myself the FIRST cricket guru :)

Doesnt mean I havent always checked on this thread... its some thing I always enjoy going through..
Mate Sorry for not crediting you for starting the thread !! You, BI, Marc and Sudeep should be given honorary Cricket Guru Titles IMO. :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy You for starting it and BI, Sudeep and Marc for keeping it going throughout its tenure and ensuring that the interest in the thread was maintained.

Out of Curiosity I wonder if BI would consider posting details as to who posted the questions (numbers posted by each) on the thread !! It may show some discrepancy !! :) :)

biased indian

International Coach
JASON said:

Out of Curiosity I wonder if BI would consider posting details as to who posted the questions (numbers posted by each) on the thread !! It may show some discrepancy !! :) :)
it took me nearly three hours to carefully go through all of that 2300+ post
i dont think i can do it a second time around 8-) 8-)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:
Needing 4 to win , which batsman (other than Miandad) once hit the last ball of an ODI match for six ?
Lance Klusener, SA v NZ Napier, NZ .26th March 99.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question
Which batsmen in the history of Test cricket has taken the longest number of innings before his 'Maiden Duck' in Test cricket ? (This guy quite possibly also has the least ducks in his Test career)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Question
Which batsmen in the history of Test cricket has taken the longest number of innings before his 'Maiden Duck' in Test cricket ? (This guy quite possibly also has the least ducks in his Test career)
Arvinda DeSilva.

Over 10 years after his debut and in his 75th innings in a test match he scored his first duck.

PS The largest career without a single duck is JW Burke of Australia with 44 test innings and no duck. And David Gower is the only test palyer who played over 100 consecutive test inings (119 in which he scored 5046 runs) without a duck.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Arvinda DeSilva.

Over 10 years after his debut and in his 75th innings in a test match he scored his first duck.

PS The largest career without a single duck is JW Burke of Australia with 44 test innings and no duck.
Correct !! Well done ! Over to you !!

P.S. Exam on Monday . :-O :-O Hence my involvement in the forum has been minimal this week. SJS, Bryce, if I am bored with the study will join in for a late night in the New Trivia thread !! :) :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
What is the highest score in the second innings of a first class match and when did this happen ?

bryce

International Regular
i do not know the answer, so a quick change of format?(i don't mind if you decline.....

Was the score over 800 ?