• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Since it doesn't look like SJS is going to post a question, here's mine !!

Question

The chairman of selectors who was recalled out of retirement to play . Who was it ? when did he play ?
Maybe Bob Simpson in 1977/78 against WI after the Aus first XI had signed up with Packer.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
wpdavid said:
Maybe Bob Simpson in 1977/78 against WI after the Aus first XI had signed up with Packer.
Not as far as I know.(Not the answer I am looking for ).

But was Simmo the chairman of selectors back then ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Not as far as I know.(Not the answer I am looking for ).

But was Simmo the chairman of selectors back then ?
No he wasnt. He had just retired from cricket.

bryce

International Regular
:offtopic:

how old are you(SJS, Jason, Tapioca)? just a question seeing as it seems you guys know alot about cricket from a while back

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
bryce said:

how old are you(SJS, Jason, Tapioca)? just a question seeing as it seems you guys know alot about cricket from a while back
I will be 55 next February :@

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:

I am 26. The questions are from various sources !! :D :book: :lamo: :tabletalk

Did you think I lived in the 19th century when I posted those questions or answered the ones about Ranji, Duleep etc. :laugh:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Since it doesn't look like SJS is going to post a question, here's mine !!

Question

The chairman of selectors who was recalled out of retirement to play . Who was it ? when did he play ?
Maybe it was that NZ game in India in the late 80's when half the side went down with illness?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Was this in the 1950s ?
I know Cyril Washbrook, who was a selector at the time, was picked against Aus in 1956, but I didn't think he had retired from FC cricket at that stage.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
wpdavid said:
I know Cyril Washbrook, who was a selector at the time, was picked against Aus in 1956, but I didn't think he had retired from FC cricket at that stage.
It wasn't that . :)

bryce

International Regular
JASON said:
I am 26. The questions are from various sources !! :D :book: :lamo: :tabletalk
lol thats how i get my 'old' questions aswell

JASON said:
Did you think I lived in the 19th century when I posted those questions or answered the ones about Ranji, Duleep etc. :laugh:
no i actually thought you might of been part of on of their royal familes:yes: :detective