• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2019-2020

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What about the fella who's made 6,000 test runs opening at 47 odd and who made a hundred last week in Brisbane? Maybe he's worth a shot?
As I said in my post: "assuming Warner's retired". The side I selected there was 2-3 years down the track. I'd like him to be there making runs as much as anyone, but I'm unsure how much more he has in him. Can't see him still there in 3 years tbh, but I hope I am wrong.

Gob

International Coach
Warne has named his 1st test XII

1. Warner
2. Khawaja
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Wade
6. Pucovski
7. Paine
8. Pattinson
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood
12. Starc

No surprise Starc misses out again lol
Thought long and hard before deciding on

Warner
Khawaja
Labuschange
Jesus
Head
Pucovski
Carey
Cummins
Richardson
Hazlewood
Lyon

Given early season and all. Ofcourse its incredible harsh on Matt Wade and he will most certainly play unless it's up to me but just don't think Aust are going anywhere with him in the longer run. Also Tim Paine will captain in reality

aussie tragic

International Captain

aussie tragic

International Captain
With McDonald in to coach the Aussies, does this mean we can have more than one Victorian in the Test side now?

Harris, Maddinson, Pucovski and Pattinson standing by ;)

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
The Vics are surely close, Patto and Pucovski surely the most likely.

With Patto, what’s the pecking order for seam bowlers this summer?

Cummins, Hazlewood, Pattinson, Starc, J. Richardson, Bird, Neser

Behrendorff injured?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As far as Victorians go I'd rather see Maxwell and Finch (in the middle order) than Harris back again.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Behrendorff no longer plays red ball cricket.

Id say Neser is ahead of Bird and the selectors regularly pick the quicks who they think are next best in A teams (apart from established bowlers) which means Abbott and Meredith would be next or close by.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Seam bowler pecking order

1. Cummins
2. Hazlewood
3. Starc
4. Pattinson
5. J. Richardson
6. Neser
7. Abott
8. Meredeth

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the big 4 feel over tomorrow Bird would be next in line after Richardson methinks. Meredith is more of a longer term thing. Certainly he's not talking the wickets Bird is yet.

TheJediBrah

I like the cut of Neser's jib but I just don't see him being overly effective on flat home wickets with the kookaburra

aussie tragic

International Captain
Interesting that Maddinson is now batting 5 for the Vics after all his success as opener. With his A side selection in the middle order it looks like he might be pencilled in at 6 for the Gabba test.

Burgey

Yessss Pucovski for bugger all too. So much unjustified hype over that kid. Handscomb too - surely the final nail in the coffin for his test hopes.

Stocks in TJB Inc, which were already on the slide, are now in free fall.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Yessss Pucovski for bugger all too. So much unjustified hype over that kid. Handscomb too - surely the final nail in the coffin for his test hopes.

Stocks in TJB Inc, which were already on the slide, are now in free fall.
Still don't get why you're so obsessed with Handscomb when the bloke is lucky to even be in the Vic side at this stage

Burgey

I just like calling out your obviously incorrect viewpoint that he has no technical issues at all, because he'd made runs at FC level. As though blokes don't get found out the higher up they go.

TheJediBrah

I just like calling out your obviously incorrect viewpoint that he has no technical issues at all, because he'd made runs at FC level. As though blokes don't get found out the higher up they go.
You like to keep perpetuating your ignorance you mean. He was doing fine with the old "bad" technique. He's (very stupidly) gone ahead and listened to all the thick-headed pundits telling him his technique was bad and "fixed" it to something more conventional and surprise, surprise he's gotten a lot worse. Could you imagine if Steve Smith listened to people in the same way?

aussie tragic

International Captain
I think the test squad is nearly there, except the 2nd opener.

1. Warner
2. Harris/Burns/Khawaja
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Wade
6. Maddinson
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

12. Pattinson/J. Richardson

Burgey

Nah, handscomb was never up to it. Walking wicket. Any non-Victorian blind man could see it. I know he's TJB's cousin and all, but let's be real. His drop off in form and being found out quickish is one of the best things to ever happen to Australian cricket since we reverted to the six ball over.