• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Had an abosolute shocker this week in dream team and still won 1459 - 1275

Looks like injuries and late withdrawals are taking there toll on most teams

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Also, didn't Goodwin done his hammy against the Bulldogs?
Looks that way, and Welsh aggravated a groin injuty. Goodwin had 8 touches in the first term, but didn't play the rest of the game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whilst not exactly having a good week in Dream Team (1759), I am still a game clear on top in my private league, and recorded my 12th win, 11th straight in my team. I've even climbed up in the rankings, now in the top 8000 (Overall Ranking: 7802 of 131254). I was in the 8000s somewhere, so I guess many people didn't score well this week.
FaaipDeOiad said:
Looks that way, and Welsh aggravated a groin injuty. Goodwin had 8 touches in the first term, but didn't play the rest of the game.
I hope Goodwin misses this week, because my opponent in Dream Team this week is 2nd on the ladder. It's 1st vs. 2nd, and Goodwin is on his team, and he has no reserves. I'll have a nice advantage :D

For some reason on afl.com.au it says under Injuries in the Adelaide/Bulldogs match report that Goodwin hurt his groin.

Last edited:

Hoggy31

International Captain
My teams gone from the low 1900's/high 1800's down to around 1500 the last few weeks because of injuries

Hoggy31

International Captain
Got no trades left and im stuck with 3 players who are out for the year (Riewoldt, Leigh Fisher and McPhee)

Peter Bell and Lance Franklin have been injured the last few weeks

Steven King and Jess Sinclair have been injured for a while but played this week

David Hale got injured this week

Rant over now

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
He was brilliant against the Lions. What a way to celebrate his 200th. Dominant.

Considering I have money on Aker for the brownlow, I'm shattered that Cousins, clear favourite for the medal, had such a great game. But I just watched on in awe as to how great he was.

Also, didn't Goodwin done his hammy against the Bulldogs?
Absolutely, what a dream game.
If Cousins won the brownlow, Id probably faint. I dont know if I could handle two winners of our own in succession, after not ever having one before. Touch wood..

Linda

How does Dean Cox get away with what he did, and Alan Didak not? Im not complaining, but it was exactly the same contact.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah that's absolutely ridiculous, but is Gardiner the stupidest player in the league? He'd have to be up there with what he did. Mind you it was absolutely hilarious watching on as a neutral. You could see he wanted to nail Chris Johnson for about 30 seconds, and when Johnson kept bumping into the rest of the Eagles, he just said "Alright I've had it". But right in front of the umpire? LOL! The look on his face was hilarious too, he actually acted innocent. Amazing.

Btw folks, Dean Cox out of brownlow contention now. Take him off the list.

Top 5 favourites IMO (not based on odds - but they probably are anyway):
- Cousins
- Pavlich
- Akermanis
- West
- J Brown/Goodwin

Btw, for those interested in Luke Hodge's odds. He fell from 101 to 51. I'm happy I jumped on board when he was 101, because he's had a stellar season. Most likely won't win, but it was worth the punt.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Cousins and Pavlich are leading all of the vote tallies on radio stations, newspapers, etc. Anyone still think Bruce will win? :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How long is he going to be out for? I was watching White Line Fever on Fox Footy and they said he was a chance to play.

And regarding Cameron Bruce's chances. He has the early season form, where he would have got three or four 3 vote games, but not enough 1s and 2s IMO. He'd have to turn it on. The darkhorse IMO is Chad Fletcher. I reckon he'll have a lot of 2s and 1s, and if he gets enough of them he could come extremely close. Hasn't been a stand out often enough though, Cousins clearly has.

It'd be great if a backman won it. Players like Bassett and Hudghton have had stellar seasons, but unfortunately never get votes.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
It'd be great if a backman won it. Players like Bassett and Hudghton have had stellar seasons, but unfortunately never get votes.
If Scarlett couldn't get close last year, then I think thats the definitive sign that a backman - let alone a key position backman - will struggle to ever win a Brownlow in the modern game. He did more than just nullify his man each week, he rebounded plentiful times and was much more prominent in coordinating attacking forays than the above mentioned.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Cousins should win it. Pavlich is a key position player and they don't win it much these days, plus Fremantle probably haven't won enough games, as was seen with Ricciuto last year it's tough to win from outside the 8.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
This is my 3000th post :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Jason Akermanis will win the Brownlow, followed a week later by the mighty Sydney Swans taking home the premiership cup. Followed by me crying like a little baby.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hoggy31 said:
Scott Thompson is still my smokey for the brownlow
He'll get the third most votes for the Crows, which isn't bad for a guy who just moved teams, but he won't win or beat Goodwin or Ricciuto. ;)

Linda

Jono said:
Yeah that's absolutely ridiculous, but is Gardiner the stupidest player in the league? He'd have to be up there with what he did. Mind you it was absolutely hilarious watching on as a neutral. You could see he wanted to nail Chris Johnson for about 30 seconds, and when Johnson kept bumping into the rest of the Eagles, he just said "Alright I've had it". But right in front of the umpire? LOL! The look on his face was hilarious too, he actually acted innocent. Amazing..
I know, hey. Clearly big body does not equal big brain.. Nevertheless, we cheered him on, Johnson was being a tool.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adelaide dominating in the second term now. Amazingly fast paced game given that Adelaide usually play a fairly defensive sort of football, 12 goals to half-time including five to Welsh, who outplayed Archer totally. Edwards and Burton having heaps of it in the middle, Brent Harvey the Roos best. 30 points at half-time.

And... Sydney beat West Coast.

King_Ponting

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Adelaide dominating in the second term now. Amazingly fast paced game given that Adelaide usually play a fairly defensive sort of football, 12 goals to half-time including five to Welsh, who outplayed Archer totally. Edwards and Burton having heaps of it in the middle, Brent Harvey the Roos best. 30 points at half-time.

And... Sydney beat West Coast.

Brilliant :D now the dockers have to beat melbourne and im lookig at a perfect round

Status
Not open for further replies.