• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Being a brisbane Supporter, I'm gonna have to go with brisbane. But I'm not sure....West Coast are pretty much unbeatable...but then again..they did lose to Collingwood, Who we beat by 70 points. So If you look at it that way...

And i don't think the saints will make the 8...they've had there chances, and beating carlton wasn't anything special.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Buddhmaster said:
I'm tippin Brisbane, and Aker for the Brownlow in a double.
Awesome bet :cool:

The Thursday after Brisbane lost to Richmond in round 9, their odds went out to $13 for the flag. So, despite my friend telling me they were gone, I knew they'd come back and so I put money on them :cool:

I've also got $5 on Aker for the brownlow at $7.50, and $5 on Luke Hodge who is going at a crazy return of $101. I couldn't believe those odds, so immediately put money on him just in case.

I've got money on Nathan Brown for the brownlow, the next game after I put it on the star he broke his leg. :( Oh well.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
That's exactly when I put money on the Lions mate, and do you know what Hodge's odds are at the moment? Also, at the end of round 2, my dad put something like 10 bucks on Aker for the brownlow, and I reckon he would've been at around $100 at that time. So here's hoping for Cox, Judd and Fletcher taking votes of Cousins.

irfan

State Captain
I am deadset hoping that brisbane will beat the eagles cos I dont think they have a good enough team to be at 14-1 on the ladder, the majority of their away games this year they have just fell over the line and havent looked very convincing. The lions are barnstorming towards the finals and despite the Eagles dominance at home i just have a feeling lions will win in a nailbiter. note: this tip is more out of jealousy of the eagles riches (y did u have to beat kangas last fri nite, y, y,y y????? u wud hav still been first if u had of lost grrrrrrrr)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Brisbane will win. West Coast only just scraped home against the Roos, and who do they have to shut down Brown, Bradshaw, etc? Yeah West Coast have an awesome midfield, but so do Brisbane, I think they're pretty equal, Cousins, Fletcher, Cox, Judd, Kerr... Aker, Black, Lappin, Voss, Power...yea go Brisbane :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is Cox or Wirrpunda going to play? I heard they have the flu, bad case too.

On top of that Hunter is out.

Eagles got it tough.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
I've also got $5 on Aker for the brownlow at $7.50, and $5 on Luke Hodge who is going at a crazy return of $101. I couldn't believe those odds, so immediately put money on him just in case.
I'd think Simon Goodwin would be a decent bet, depending on his odds. Adelaide have won plenty of games, and he's been BoG in at least 4 or 5 of them. As far as I'm aware he's not being tipped much, either.

Edit: haha scrap that, he's 18/1. Still a decent bet I guess, but the odds aren't worth it.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'd think Simon Goodwin would be a decent bet, depending on his odds. Adelaide have won plenty of games, and he's been BoG in at least 4 or 5 of them. As far as I'm aware he's not being tipped much, either.

Edit: haha scrap that, he's 18/1. Still a decent bet I guess, but the odds aren't worth it.
Yeah, Goodwin came in massively the last couple of weeks. I have had him in my Dream Team all year, he's gone great guns. Price has increased heaps, too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Goodwin has had a very good year, and about 4 weeks ago I came very close to putting money on him. But IMO he hasn't had a browlow year (though, if he goes on to win it I wouldn't be too surprised). But, as you saw, his odds really aren't worth it ATM. If they get bigger I probably will have a crack (that'd make my 4th brownlow bet :-!)

Oh and whoever bought Goodwin at the start of the season in Dream Team is an absolute legend. Greatest buy ever. I thought me getting Mark Johnson in something like round 3 was brilliant, but Goodwin is the buy of the whole game IMO.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
At one stage, i heard Aker's Brownlow odds were something like $300 or something....just before the form hit...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but the thing was, with Francou everyone knew to buy him because he was so ridiculously cheap. He's in the top 5 'most popular players' in Dream Team because of how cheap it is.

But buying Goodwin at that price is simply either of two things, pulling something out of your **** or just being an excellent choice at who to buy. ;)

archie mac

International Coach
Richmond with no Kelleway and now no Kasper, not to mention Brown, I think they will struggle from here. As for Port I think it must be a Grand Father drop :D

Status
Not open for further replies.