• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
AKERMANISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

You are a legend. Brilliant game. 5 goals, 2 of which were absolute blinders... and he scores awesome goals all the time but these were beyond anything he's ever done. An absolute star.

He got me 173 on dream team. Highest for the year. WOOOOOOOOOOO!

My dream team at the moment has 1765 with Pavlich, Shannon Grant and Mark Johnson still to play. Breaking 2000 is a real possibility. Unfortunately this week I got rid of Leppitsch for Tyson Edwards, the one week where Leppitsch absolutely ripped it. Oh well, still having a great round.

So far (Hopefully no mistakes with calculations):

Everitt 93 (186)
Hodge 108
Francou 120
Tredrea 149
C Fletcher 110
Richo 55
Kella 66
Tuck 75
Bowden 113
Torney 53
McLeod 50
Edwards 62
B Johnson 99
M Lappin 102
Adcock 67
Aker 173
Sherman 39
Ling 91
Ablett 47

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Robertinho said:
Wow, the Cats just got killed :-O

Akermanis just played a stormer, 35 disposals, 9 tackles, 5 goals (173 on dream team!).

My players did well, Leppitsch with his best game of the season, 25 possessions, 9 marks, 99 on dream team. Black did quite well, 22 disposals, 5 tackles, 88 on dream team. Looks like I might breach 2000 again this week, 1542 already with Pavlich, J Carr, Sinclair, Wells, Hall, Ball and McPhee to play. :D
Was it 173 for Aker? I must have done my calculations wrong. That's even better :D

Edit: You're right, I missed a tackle and a kick I think. AWESOME!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Damn it, there goes any chance of breaking 2000 this round. Shannon Grant gets 52 and Matthew Pavlich gets 32 when I needed them to do decent, not awesome just decent. That's incredibly disappointing. Now I need Mark Johnson to get about 150 against St Kilda to break 2000, and as brilliant as Mark has been doing that seems quite unlikely.

archie mac

International Coach
Go the Kangas, I notice not to many on this forum, thought the Roos would make the finals, hard to stop from here :p

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How terrible was the roos and freo game, it was simply overrun by poor decision making and ridiculously bad skill, mainly from Fremantle, but also from the Kangaroos... Having said that, a win's a win, and we'll take it :cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah it was a shocking game to watch, but I was really happy for Colbert. He's one of the most gutsiest players I've ever had the privlege of watching play football, and its great to see his 200th game end with a win. He got to 100 games in a flash, and then injuries took over.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Yeah it was a shocking game to watch, but I was really happy for Colbert. He's one of the most gutsiest players I've ever had the privlege of watching play football, and its great to see his 200th game end with a win. He got to 100 games in a flash, and then injuries took over.
and some high quality Benedict Arnold-ing in between...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Argh. Pavlich 32, Carr 68, Wells 65. Thank god for Sinclair and his 116 :D

Now I'm 1823 with Hall, McPhee and Bally to play. All these guys are capable of 100+. Hall and McPhee are in form, Ball is a bit lost but should rack up a fair few disposals...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Top performance by the Crows on the weekend. Had two major slow patches in the game in the first and third terms and still managed to win by a dozen goals. Welsh and Thompson were just great, and once again the backline conceded only 10 goals in a match and is still comfortably the best defence in the AFL, with the two lynch-pins of it at CHB and FB having only 24 senior matches each, it's a very promising sign indeed.

Adelaide have 6 of their remaining 9 games at home, and their away matches are against Hawthorn, the Kangaroos and West Coast, with the last one likely to be the only one the Crows aren't favourite for. Wonder what the chances are of that West Coast v Adelaide match in the last round being a top of the ladder clash? Has to be fairly high from here, I'd think.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Although Adelaide are effective, I can't say I get any enjoyment from watching their games. Now Richmond - West Coast, I wish I'd seen that game! :(

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Although Adelaide are effective, I can't say I get any enjoyment from watching their games. Now Richmond - West Coast, I wish I'd seen that game! :(
Yeah, they play a fairly defensive brand of football. Although there are some games, like those against Essendon and Richmond over the last few weeks which are a bit more free flowing. Watching Welsh and Perrie boot 13 between them on the weekend was pretty good viewing, I thought. Then again, I'm a fan. :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Robertinho said:
Game of the year :cool:
If only the result was different :(

archie mac

International Coach
Jono said:
Yeah that was a cracker. Boy Collingwood tackled brilliantly that day.
I have tipped them to beat the Swans, lets hope they are "Hot Pies" and not the kind they serve at the footy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.