• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I only had 21 as well - Luke Hodge :( At the start of the season i thought you had 2 trades EVERY ROUND, so I only have 2 trades left now! Very hesitant to use them

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Robertinho said:
I only had 21 as well - Luke Hodge :( At the start of the season i thought you had 2 trades EVERY ROUND, so I only have 2 trades left now! Very hesitant to use them
LOL! So did my friend, he now has 0 trades. What's even more hilarious is that he had Hodge as his captain, and FORGOT TO UNCAPTAIN HIM!

:D

I had Hodge covered with a reserve, but not frickin' Torney :@

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
BTW saw the Footy Show from London couple of weeks ago, with Warnie and Tuffers(Phil Tuffnel ). That was brilliant.
We don't receive the footy show here in Canberra untill 11.30 pm, so I tape it and watch it Friday night before the game. But I was greeted only with tennis coverge when I sat down to watch it last Friday :@ I was looking forward to watching Warney too :crybaby:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Adelaide suck. 2nd is ridiculous.
Adelaide have skillful midfielders, are well led by a good coach, have the strongest defence in the AFL and are slowly coming good up forward. How do they suck?

They aren't a flowing, attractive, running team like St. Kilda or Fremantle, but they keep winning and those teams don't. Looking good isn't everything. Adelaide weren't the most attractive team in 1997 or 1998 either.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Adelaide have skillful midfielders, are well led by a good coach, have the strongest defence in the AFL and are slowly coming good up forward. How do they suck?

They aren't a flowing, attractive, running team like St. Kilda or Fremantle, but they keep winning and those teams don't. Looking good isn't everything. Adelaide weren't the most attractive team in 1997 or 1998 either.
Because I hate them? 8-)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Very arguable. Malcolm Blight has never been one for defense-focused sides.
True, but Australia weren't the most polished or most skillful side in those years. They didn't even win that many games, they just won the important ones.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
True, but Australia weren't the most polished or most skillful side in those years. They didn't even win that many games, they just won the important ones.
Yeah, cause Australia played so many games in those years.. :huh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Remember that competition we had a few pages back in this thread about picking your final 8 (I think it was something like at round 9 or 10 or something). I think I'm going to come last in that :(

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Remember that competition we had a few pages back in this thread about picking your final 8 (I think it was something like at round 9 or 10 or something). I think I'm going to come last in that :(
An update on that will come tonight. And in a couple of rounds, you get to make some changes. Yet to decide how many, though... :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
By Golly I'm kicking Hawthorn's butt right back down near the bottom where it belongs. :mad:

*shakes head for having belief in them*

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Current standings in the prediction of ladder competition:

Archie Mac: 24 (worst prediction - St. Kilda, 5 positions off)
vic_orthdox: 35 (Kangaroos - 9)
Jono: 36 (Kangaroos - 8)
FaaipDeOiad: 38 (Hawthorn - 7)
Cameel: 40 (Kangaroos - 8)
Hoggy31: 47 (Adelaide - 8)
Buddhmaster: 48 (Kangaroos - 9)
Linda: 64 (Adelaide - 12)
Benchmark00: 68 (St. K, Port, Adel & Kang - all 8 positions off)

archie mac

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
Current standings in the prediction of ladder competition:

Archie Mac: 24 (worst prediction - St. Kilda, 5 positions off)
vic_orthdox: 35 (Kangaroos - 9)
Jono: 36 (Kangaroos - 8)
FaaipDeOiad: 38 (Hawthorn - 7)
Cameel: 40 (Kangaroos - 8)
Hoggy31: 47 (Adelaide - 8)
Buddhmaster: 48 (Kangaroos - 9)
Linda: 64 (Adelaide - 12)
Benchmark00: 68 (St. K, Port, Adel & Kang - all 8 positions off)
I think this shows how good the draft has been for footy. Does anyone know how long the St.Kilda star will be out for? (collar bone?)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
I think this shows how good the draft has been for footy. Does anyone know how long the St.Kilda star will be out for? (collar bone?)
5 weeks or something i believe.

Hahahaha.. me and Benchy really suck at this ladder prediction thing. LOL!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Linda said:
5 weeks or something i believe.

Hahahaha.. me and Benchy really suck at this ladder prediction thing. LOL!
That's because you said "just use the team i put up at the start of the year" because your lazy :p and we all got to pick our teams at about round 9. I might let you both have a few more changes after this round.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
That's because you said "just use the team i put up at the start of the year" because your lazy :p and we all got to pick our teams at about round 9. I might let you both have a few more changes after this round.
I reject that offer, as kind as it is. I will stick to my current crappy predictions. You never know, Adelaide might lose every game from here on in and i'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.