• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt Richardson came into school yesterday at lunch for some goal kicking competition. Haha, was weird. I saw posters around the school saying Richo was coming, but I thought they'd just get some year 12 dressed up in Richmond crap. So I went there, and there he was. He had this jacket on, where the hood was a balaclava. I guess that's how he gets around without getting mobbed. :D

I actually had a little chat with him. Here's how it went:

Me: Richo, mate. Yep, right here. Come here. I've got some pointers for you. I'll say this once, and once only, so listen up, ok?
Richo: Alright.
Me: I saw a replay of your match against the Roos. Casually of course, some might even say against my own will. But that's irrelevant - what is relevant is your technique. Richo! You need to take MARKS. You know, where you catch the ball? And then you need to kick GOALS. Where you kick the ball between the two big white posts?
Richo: Oh, I thought it was the other way round.
Me: Fair enough. I guess that's what they teach you in Tigerland. And of course, there's Troy Simmonds.
Richo: What about him?
Me: He's in my dream team. When he doesn't play well, I'm not happy. Make sure he plays well. Now run along.

:D

archie mac

International Coach
Robertinho said:
Matt Richardson came into school yesterday at lunch for some goal kicking competition. Haha, was weird. I saw posters around the school saying Richo was coming, but I thought they'd just get some year 12 dressed up in Richmond crap. So I went there, and there he was. He had this jacket on, where the hood was a balaclava. I guess that's how he gets around without getting mobbed. :D

Me: Richo, mate. Yep, right here. Come here. I've got some pointers for you. I'll say this once, and once only, so listen up, ok?
Me: I saw a replay of your match against the Roos. Casually of course, some might even say against my own will. But that's irrelevant - what is relevant is your technique. Richo! You need to take MARKS. You know, where you catch the ball? And then you need to kick GOALS. Where you kick the ball between the two big white posts?
Me: Fair enough. I guess that's what they teach you in Tigerland. And of course, there's Troy Simmonds.
Me: He's in my dream team. When he doesn't play well, I'm not happy. Make sure he plays well. Now run along.

I find this hard to believe Richo would not be able to concentrate, on a coversation this long
:wacko:

ash chaulk

International Captain
Robertinho said:

hahahaha brilliant

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tredrea having a great game so far. Not only does he have 4 goals, he just punked out Osborne after he tried to take him out, but it backfired. Osborne went for the bump when Tredrea had the ball, but Osborne went to ground. Tredrea handpassed the ball to Pickett who scores a goal, then Tredrea gave Osborne one of the most arrogant sprays right in his face.

Dream team points :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
HOLY MOLEY WHAT A SMASHING!

Hawthorn were just well and truly embarassed by Port. Tredrea played one of the games of his career, and Hawthorn were well completely beaten everywhere on the park.

Not to mention all my Port & Hawthorn players did awesome tonight:
Everitt 93
Hodge 108
Francou 120
Tredrea 149

Wooo :)

Last edited:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Jono said:
HOLY MOLEY WHAT A SMASHING!

Hawthorn were just well and truly embarassed by Port. Tredrea played one of the games of his career, and Hawthorn were well completely beaten everywhere on the park.

Not to mention all my Port & Hawthorn players did awesome tonight:
Everitt 93
Hodge 108
Francou 120
Tredrea 149

Wooo :)
Yay i've got all of them.

That was an absolute shallacking. I thought Hawks had a chance, and then that happens.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Tredrea :D He was so dominant. Chad Cornes, damn you..

Played footy today. Had a good win. Hey, it wasn't quite the Port like, but we did well considering we're from Glenferrie aswell :p

Haha basically, you have the oval, you have the huddle after full time, and then you've got the final score. :p

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Doing well on Dream Team so far. Gilbee 124, Tredrea 149, Francou 120, Smith 106, Cox 122, Fletcher 110, Hodge 108 and West 107. Big game this week too - it's a shame Koutofides (34), C Cornes (63), Bassett (54) and Simmonds (67) failed :( :D I got rid of Scott Welsh after a few weeks of crap and he scores 120! :( :(

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I went to the West Coast vs Melbourne game today. A lot of people raved about how it was such a good game of footy. I'm inclined to disagree - it had patches of brilliance, but for the main the skills were a fair way below what you'd expect of a 1st vs 2nd clash, besides Kerr and Embley no midfielders really took hold of the game, and there was a lot of short passing out wide (especially from the Demons).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
I went to the West Coast vs Melbourne game today. A lot of people raved about how it was such a good game of footy. I'm inclined to disagree - it had patches of brilliance, but for the main the skills were a fair way below what you'd expect of a 1st vs 2nd clash, besides Kerr and Embley no midfielders really took hold of the game, and there was a lot of short passing out wide (especially from the Demons).
Any news on Johnstone? I couldn't watch the game on Fox Footy because I was out, but I heard on the radio in the car that he hurt his knee. Reckon the 2 week break will be enough for him to return?

Amazing that Johnstone didn't even finish the game and he scored 108 in Dream Team. He's a kicking machine, refuses to handpass :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, the Cats just got killed :-O

Akermanis just played a stormer, 35 disposals, 9 tackles, 5 goals (173 on dream team!).

My players did well, Leppitsch with his best game of the season, 25 possessions, 9 marks, 99 on dream team. Black did quite well, 22 disposals, 5 tackles, 88 on dream team. Looks like I might breach 2000 again this week, 1542 already with Pavlich, J Carr, Sinclair, Wells, Hall, Ball and McPhee to play. :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
Wow, the Cats just got killed :-O

Akermanis just played a stormer, 35 disposals, 9 tackles, 5 goals (173 on dream team!).

My players did well, Leppitsch with his best game of the season, 25 possessions, 9 marks, 99 on dream team. Black did quite well, 22 disposals, 5 tackles, 88 on dream team. Looks like I might breach 2000 again this week, 1542 already with Pavlich, J Carr, Sinclair, Wells, Hall, Ball and McPhee to play. :D
It's a strange affliction with the Cats - its just so hard to pinpoing what's gone wrong. Their pressure around the ball isn't terrible, at times their usage lacks a little but its hardly an epidemic. They just can't seem to get their hands on the ball as often as the opposition since the game against Kangaroos.

Personally, I'd prefer to see them going back to playing the harder, tougher, less compromising style of football that did so well for them at the end of last year, which seems to have been sacrificed for a free running (i.e. no midfield responsibilty) attacking midfield game in the search for more goals. Scarlett was good again today though. Break couldnt' come at a better time.

Status
Not open for further replies.