• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
benchmark00 said:
I find it near impossible to think of Cresswell coaching Geelong after what dip **** Scarlett said about him in the paper.
Why's that? Scarlett won't leave, it was just a stupid comment in defence of bomber.

The apparent 'falling out' between the two was over Cresswell challenging Scarlett to mentor some of the younger players and Matty wouldn't have a bar of it. Great leadership from a senior player that. Cresswell 100% in the right.

Thompson has been letting the senior players get away with murder see Scarlett and Kingsley ****ing off from the senior leadership camp at the start of the season. We need someone that will stand up to them and pull them into line.

Brett Ratten would make an excellent midfield coach :)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great Birtannia said:
Why's that? Scarlett won't leave, it was just a stupid comment in defence of bomber.

The apparent 'falling out' between the two was over Cresswell challenging Scarlett to mentor some of the younger players and Matty wouldn't have a bar of it. Great leadership from a senior player that. Cresswell 100% in the right.

Thompson has been letting the senior players get away with murder see Scarlett and Kingsley ****ing off from the senior leadership camp at the start of the season. We need someone that will stand up to them and pull them into line.

Brett Ratten would make an excellent midfield coach :)
I know Scarlett won't leave, but you can't appoint a coach who's going to have so much media scrutiny levelled at him because of a senior player coming out saying he doesn't want him there. I don't know Scarlett personally, but I would think he's got a bit of an attitude problem with he can't handle some criticism from one of the coaching staff.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
From wikipedia on Roos:

USA

When his career ended, the former AFL great spent some time in the United States. Roos coached the national side to victory over Canada. He is often credited as one of the key people in the success of the fledgeling United States Australian Football League, establishing networks with key people in the US.

Sydney Swans
Returning to Australia, Roos became the coach of the Sydney Swans. He assumed his position as coach when Rodney Eade left as Sydney coach halfway through 2002.

As coach, he has guided the Swans to four successive finals appearances in 2003 (preliminary final), 2004 (semi-final), 2005 (grand-final) and 2006.

------------

No assistants position. I wasn't aware of the US coaching experience and it took him three years to win the flag but still, the precedent is there.

ps sorry for taking the thread into my geelong ramblings. I've had enough now, I think my thoughts are known.

pasag

RTDAS
And they would pay the rest of his contract? Seems like a good outcome for everyone. Perhaps we could have Thomas.

Please?

ash chaulk

International Captain
Sydney the worst town.... i was in a few pubs watching swans vs eagles and very poor not like the atmosphere in WA i guess the NRL was on aswell though but honestly it was NRL?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
ash chaulk said:
Sydney the worst town.... i was in a few pubs watching swans vs eagles and very poor not like the atmosphere in WA i guess the NRL was on aswell though but honestly it was NRL?
What did you expect? No one could care less about Aussie Rules except the 35000 people who go to watch the Swans.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't wait for the Swans to be the Carlton of the AFL. Maybe we can finally get rid of them, I hear Tassie would like a team.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SirBloody Idiot said:
Two spoons in three years?

Awesome coach.
Can't say he's done well with Carlton, but you can't deny his coaching abilities. Remember the North Melbourne team he lead to finals for a decade? including two premierships and one runner-up? That list had talent, like the saints one. Pagan would be great for St. Kilda.

pasag

RTDAS
benchmark00 said:
Can't say he's done well with Carlton, but you can't deny his coaching abilities. Remember the North Melbourne team he lead to finals for a decade? including two premierships and one runner-up? That list had talent, like the saints one. Pagan would be great for St. Kilda.
Yeah Pagan would be perfect for St Kilda and his style would be excellent to counter the culture down there. He hasn't done well at Carlton because of the shocking list, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.