• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash chaulk

International Captain
its true maria sharapova tryed to get me to have ***ual relations with her. After she forced herself upon me thats when i ran and called the police

cameeel

International Captain
ash chaulk said:
its true maria sharapova tryed to get me to have ***ual relations with her. After she forced herself upon me thats when i ran and called the police
I had the same problem with Mauresmo

:cool:

:sick:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
pasag said:
He's not a sport celebrity and I find it hard to believe there is some sort of conspiracy against famous athletes. But Cresswell isn't even famous so I doubt it very much.
Yeah exactly. I'm sure there's the odd case of a slightly unbalanced woman making up a story about something that never happened, but why would they target someone like Cresswell? He's not exactly Shane Warne.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whether Cresswell did it or not, you wouldn't even dare hire him now. First you have Scarlett saying he'd walk, whether it be his way of backing the coach or not it still doesn't help Cresswell, and then you have this.

Horse Longmire clearly on top of Cresswell at the moment.

archie mac

International Coach
Okay lets have a positive topic which players from your club do you think will poll the most Brownlow votes?

Kangas

Harvey
Thomson
Grant

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Geelong

Chapman
Bartel
Corey

Although I have a funny feeling that Chapman wouldn't be an umpires favourite, and wouldn't be suprised if Ablett struggled for votes - he tends to influence games, rather than perform throughout them. Not really the sort of thing umpires reward.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
If you are thinking about betting on it, save your money ;) Putting hard earned on the line for an award adjudged by umpires interpretation is stupid.

I went through the games last year and backed Bartel to get the most votes for Geelong @$7, Ling was $1.20 so I thought it was good value. So any we get to the Melbourne game in round 20 and I've given Bartel "2 votes" behind Robertson, Ling nowhere near it as he was truly horrible and gave away 3 goals from fumbling, indecision, **** poor disposal across half back (typical Ling stuff) in a game we lost by a point. Russell Robertson kicked 7 in a match winning performance yet the maggots give Ling 3 votes, Robbo 1 and Bartel misses out completely. I couldn't believe it. Ling ends up on 13 votes and Bartel 9. Absolutely spewing.

Chapman should comfortably poll the most votes for Geelong, vicorthodox has it covered with the other two as well, but despite having a completely disgraceful season I'm sure Ling will be up there again.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Great Birtannia said:
Chapman should comfortably poll the most votes for Geelong, vicorthodox has it covered with the other two as well, but despite having a completely disgraceful season I'm sure Ling will be up there again.
Ling's role this year annoyed me - I'm not sure whether it was player driven or coach driven, but he didn't tag enough. And he doesn't use the ball well enough to play the normal midfielder's role, his 20 possessions aren't nearly as damaging as all the other midfielders in the league. But when he gets 20 possessions, while keeping the opposition's best midfielder to <15, then his game is well worth it.

archie mac

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
Ling's role this year annoyed me - I'm not sure whether it was player driven or coach driven, but he didn't tag enough. And he doesn't use the ball well enough to play the normal midfielder's role, his 20 possessions aren't nearly as damaging as all the other midfielders in the league. But when he gets 20 possessions, while keeping the opposition's best midfielder to <15, then his game is well worth it.

I went to a game, Geelong V Carlton and was sitting with Geelong supporters. They would all groan everytime Ling would touch the ball, and were very apprehensive of what stuff up he would commit next.

Every time Geelong (who won easy) would come storming out of the back line they would shout 'no don't give it to Ling!"

archie mac

International Coach
Great Birtannia said:
If you are thinking about betting on it, save your money ;) Putting hard earned on the line for an award adjudged by umpires interpretation is stupid.

I went through the games last year and backed Bartel to get the most votes for Geelong @$7, Ling was $1.20 so I thought it was good value. So any we get to the Melbourne game in round 20 and I've given Bartel "2 votes" behind Robertson, Ling nowhere near it as he was truly horrible and gave away 3 goals from fumbling, indecision, **** poor disposal across half back (typical Ling stuff) in a game we lost by a point. Russell Robertson kicked 7 in a match winning performance yet the maggots give Ling 3 votes, Robbo 1 and Bartel misses out completely. I couldn't believe it. Ling ends up on 13 votes and Bartel 9. Absolutely spewing.

Yes I was thinking of it ;)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
benchmark00 said:
Neitz? Surely not. Trav Johnston for your mob over him.
Will be a tight 1, Johnstone can be brilliant, he just doesn't do it often enough to justify his talent, Neitz on the other hand has been fairly consistent throughout the year... I say Neitz probably more for the fact that he's won more games than Johnstone has for us this year... it will be interesting though... I doubt either of them will come close to Bruce or McDonald though

Status
Not open for further replies.