• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score

Port Adelaide: 15.19 - 109
Carlton Blues: 16.13 - 109

First draw of the season, a bit lucky there port, blues had a free after the siren but were too dfar out

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
*cries*

Not only does it screw my tips up - it doesn't give Carlton 4 points!

Frickin, mickin, hickin, clickin. Damnit. I wasn't watching, but didn't Port get a point or so a minute from the end? :(

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a ground round of footy so far..!

But, i have to tell you a humerous anecdote...

Today i was rang up and asked to play footy (i retired at the end of last year)... so i go ahh yeah alright, but i was hangover to the crap from last night, so i asked to sit on the bench for the first half (3rd grade game :mellow: ) and then at the start of the 3rd qtr a guy dislocated his finger, so i ambled on and sat at full forward (we had only scored two goals for the game) and in the first minute i took a mark and kicked a goal from 40 out on the boundary (yes i am a hero).... then the ball didnt come down there for the rest of the game.... my statistics: 1 mark, 1 kick, 1 goal!
But the real action started when the seniors came from 19 points down in the last quater to win the game by 1 point with a goal after the siren from 50 out!!!! ahh night matches... i love you..

In conclusion..... GO ROOS

Hoggy31

International Captain
Robertinho said:
*cries*

Not only does it screw my tips up - it doesn't give Carlton 4 points!

Frickin, mickin, hickin, clickin. Damnit. I wasn't watching, but didn't Port get a point or so a minute from the end? :(
It wasnt as worse as when Michael Voss kicked a point on the siren to draw with us (the roos)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Good game building between Sydney and Adelaide here. Adelaide up 4.3 to 4.2 at quarter time, and both playing the exact same gameplan, as they have all season, with a strong defence and some flooding and a running midfield. Hall is probably the key for Sydney, since Adelaide has better skills through the midfield on a whole. If he can be a big target he can exploit Adelaide's forward line weakness and help Sydney get over the line, provided the midfield can just about match it with Ricciuto, McLeod, Goodwin, Mattner, Edwards etc. So far the points are about even between Hall and Rutten. Hall got two marks and a goal in the first quarter, while Rutten beat him a few times as well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Crows up by 17 midway through the third quarter now. Sydney have really struggled through the middle since half-time and have only gone inside 50 once in 15 minutes or so. Adelaide have kicked 3.5 in that time and are getting on top.

Mattner best afield so far, and Hall has just 5 kicks and one goal.

edit: Hall and Goodes missed two absolute sitters inside the last minute from marks 30 out in front. Adelaide lead 10.11 to 9.8 at three-quarter time now. Heading for a good finish.

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Half Time at Telstra Dome

St Kilda - 9.4 - 58
Melbourne - 9.11 - 65

3rd Quarter 4:00 at the MCG

Richmond - 8.7 - 55
Fremantle - 4.5 - 29

4th Quarter 25:00 at the SCG

Sydney - 11.12 - 78
Adelaide - 15.12 - 102

Crows should win, richmond look good and it's pretty much even at TD, go the dees!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
DONT POST CURRENT SCORES!! Some people get delayed broadcasts... you ruined the St Kilda - Melbourne game for me you tosser :@

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adelaide ran over the top of Sydney in the last quarter and wound up belting them by 41 points. The misses to Hall and Goodes that could have given Sydney a three-quarter time lead were vital, and Perrie got two early goals in the last to make it 20 points. Sydney missed a couple of opportunities right after that and Hall got one to bring it back to 2 goals, then Adelaide kicked the last 5 to seal it, four of them inside the last five minutes.

A few youngsters in Mattner, Doughty and Skipworth were excellent through the middle, and McLeod and Ricciuto were important when they got the ball as well. Perrie and Welsh were solid up forward and Rutten held Hall completely in the first three quarters to basically take him out of the game, and Torney was fantastic in the backline, leading the crows for possessions and taking 7 marks. Kirk, Barry and both Bolton's were good for Sydney, but didn't do as much damage with their possessions as Mattner did, who was a pretty clear BoG in the end. Goods and O'Louglin had moments but not enough of them, and the injuries to Williams and Ball hurt Sydney at important points in the match.

Adelaide, Melbourne, West Coast and the Kangaroos seem pretty much entrenched in the top four at the moment, which is certainly a big surprise on every front except for maybe West Coast. Brisbane, Port, St. Kilda and Fremantle all seem to be struggling a bit.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
DONT POST CURRENT SCORES!! Some people get delayed broadcasts... you ruined the St Kilda - Melbourne game for me you tosser :@
You can always not look in this thread when there is a game in progress you know, since people are obviously going to discuss the games. You wouldn't check afl.com.au if you didn't want to know the score, would you? :p

cameeel

International Captain
Robertinho said:
Alright, calm down, just dont read the thread if your that worried, they havent even started the game on tv yet

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, easy to say that post-being told off.

But seriously.. I'm not saying he's at fault, and whether it was my own fault or not, he ruined the game for me :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
To be fair, nobody had at any point said not to, and I wonder what exactly the following posts were in the case of your OTT reaction?

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=451045&postcount=257
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=451047&postcount=258
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=451286&postcount=269

I think an apology is in order.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
cameeel said:
Haha, although it doesn't look/sound like it, I was just joking, I had actually "accidentally" seen the score on afl.com.au beforehand, and was venting my anger.

Don't worry buddy, you're not the tosser :p :D

Anyway. What a round! Just like last round! I'll only get 2 or 3, depending on how they handle the Port/Carlton draw. Shocking.

In other news, my dream team is going to get in excess of 1800 :cool:

Last edited:

cameeel

International Captain
Kangaroos (tick)
Geelong (tick)
Brisbane (cross)
Melbourne (cross)
Sydney (cross)
Fremantle (cross)
Port Adelaide (cross, no points for draws)
West Coast (tick)

3/8 Continuing my miserable tipping season

Status
Not open for further replies.