• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
Linda said:
Interesting that we have a top 8 aswell... are we having a bit of September action? I feel as if I can sneak into the top rungs by then.
Meh. Maybe, a tip the margin + result for the top 8 kinda thing..

ash chaulk

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Why would you play one of the best midfielders in the league in the backline on a key forward?
doesnt hamill play midfield sometimes anyways i thought it was about matching up on strength not that they play on each other

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ash chaulk said:
doesnt hamill play midfield sometimes anyways i thought it was about matching up on strength not that they play on each other
I'm not saying Hamill is the strongest in the league, and no, Hamill doesn't play midfield.

The issue is that you need a defence that can man up on Riewoldt, Gehrig, Kozzy, Hamill and Milne at any one time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ash chaulk said:
oh thats easy

Riewoldt, - Hunter
Gehrig, Glass
Kozzy, Graham
Hamill Waters/ B.Jones
Milne Wirrpunda
I'm a big big fan of Hunter, but Riewoldt would smash him.

And a fully fit Kozzy will own Graham. Absolutely own him.

But it doesn't matter because without Hayes, and an unfit Luke Ball, the Saints wouldn't even get the ball in their forward line as Kerr, Judd and Cousins would absolutely murder them in the centre. Not to mention Cox will kill St Kilda's "ruckman" (I say that lightly), whether it be Rix, Blake or Ackland.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Riewoldt should go back to playing traditional CHF. People talk about how he should be playing closer to goal, and I personally think that's best for Nick Riewoldt - but it ain't best for St. Kilda, when you've got Gehrig at full-forward.

Having your gun CHF play closer to goal works when you don't have a gun FF - look at Tredrea, and Brown since Lynch left - but they just get in each other's way too often, and good defensive teams peel off and help out their mate.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Cameron Howat - surely to get a rising star nomination. :thumbsup: I like your thinking, Jono.

Pretty shattered I didn't tip the Cats in the end, but I hardly have all year, and it's worked pretty well then...

St. Kilda should look at Fremantle's style of play and copy it. Too often St. Kilda see a free man out wide, and just chip it straight to him, rather than taking a risk and heading through the middle. That's what Freo was like early in the year.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
Cameron Howat - surely to get a rising star nomination. :thumbsup: I like your thinking, Jono.
Howat end up with leather poisoning? I watched the game last night, he got a mint of it in the last quarter.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Jono said:
I'm a big big fan of Hunter, but Riewoldt would smash him.

And a fully fit Kozzy will own Graham. Absolutely own him.

But it doesn't matter because without Hayes, and an unfit Luke Ball, the Saints wouldn't even get the ball in their forward line as Kerr, Judd and Cousins would absolutely murder them in the centre. Not to mention Cox will kill St Kilda's "ruckman" (I say that lightly), whether it be Rix, Blake or Ackland.
there is also the option of the Fridge aka Lynch who played CHB in 04

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
The biggest indictment of Geelong's season is that even Freo have got their **** together.

We thumped them by 10 goals at Subi for crying out loud and we've won 3 games interstate this millenium.

The fitness coach is now being used as the scapegoat and nothing is going to change for next season.

:(

However, as a neutral observer, the finals are shaping up nicely. Aside from WC all the "contenders" are falling over themselves to fail and that is what has let Freo in the back door. I hope they are going to telecast the derby over this way.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
However, as a neutral observer, the finals are shaping up nicely. Aside from WC all the "contenders" are falling over themselves to fail and that is what has let Freo in the back door. I hope they are going to telecast the derby over this way.
I don't think it'll be on FTA, as it's on a Sunday afternoon and thus won't work into Nine's programming schedule, unless the derby starts at 12 noon or 1pm WA time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It'll be on Fox Footy like always.

I still remember putting money on Freo vs. Geelong up at Subi, and being thoroughly ****ed off when Geelong thumped them. Now I look at where Freo are at and am really confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.