• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
LOL @ "Patrick Swayze turns 50 this week" by Michael Christian when Biglands was lining up for goal late in the last quarter.

Speaking of Biglands, what about his goal from the boundary? Impressive.

Cooney was on fire though, 170 in DT. Fair effort.
Haha yeah, I noticed the Swayze remark. Classic stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
cameeel said:
Farmer = Awesome
So many people dislike him, but I love how he gives so much crap to his opponent when they deserve it. He's awesome to watch.

Headland on the other hand, he's just a ********.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
So many people dislike him, but I love how he gives so much crap to his opponent when they deserve it. He's awesome to watch.

Headland on the other hand, he's just a ********.
Both tools IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is annoying to watch. Mainly because I don't understand when this suddenly happened. How does a team just randomly become very good throughout the year?

I understand when a team improves and have good results near the end (Kangaroos), but how does a Freo who looked like they'd miss finals, suddenly go about beating teams like Adelaide and St Kilda?

cameeel

International Captain
Jono said:
This is annoying to watch. Mainly because I don't understand when this suddenly happened. How does a team just randomly become very good throughout the year?

I understand when a team improves and have good results near the end (Kangaroos), but how does a Freo who looked like they'd miss finals, suddenly go about beating teams like Adelaide and St Kilda?
St. Kilda aren't that good. But yes, it's strange how good Fremantle are all of a sudden

benchmark00

St Kilda are in the top three teams in the league, regardless of ladder position IMO. They just need match fitness into their key players, it's just an issue of whether they can get that fitness in time for finals. This result will have no influence on how I see the Dockers or Saints.

cameeel

International Captain
Top 5 teams (fully fit):

West Coast
Adelaide
Sydney
Melbourne (bias)
Fremantle

St. Kilda aren't that good. A lot of their players are over-rated and a lot of the rating they have as a 'good side' comes from the potential of their players, a potential which has not been fulfilled in 3 years, yet still people continue to rate them far too highly.

benchmark00

Haha turn it up McKern.

The reason they're rated so highly is their personnel, look how many top quality (I'm talking top echelon) players they have out or not fully fit. Whether or not they can get those players out on the paddock at the one time is the only issue, but they have the best list in the league by a margain.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
benchmark00 said:
Haha turn it up McKern.

The reason they're rated so highly is their personnel, look how many top quality (I'm talking top echelon) players they have out or not fully fit. Whether or not they can get those players out on the paddock at the one time is the only issue, but they have the best list in the league by a margain.
Hayes
Maguire

Who else is currently not playing? Granted the Clarke's look underdone, but they're only 2nd or 3rd tier players at best, and Kosi needs match fitness, but I can't think of too many players they are missing at the moment.

Saints in 2004 > Saints in 2006.

Top 6 teams IMO:

Adelaide
West Coast
---
Sydney
St Kilda
Melbourne
Bulldogs at full strength, otherwise Freo or Collingwood, who really cares?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
benchmark00 said:
St Kilda are in the top three teams in the league, regardless of ladder position IMO. They just need match fitness into their key players, it's just an issue of whether they can get that fitness in time for finals. This result will have no influence on how I see the Dockers or Saints.
Considering you said WC weren't even in the top 4 best teams, who are your top 3? Adelaide, St Kilda and who? You said you didn't rate Sydney...

benchmark00

Jono said:
Hayes
Maguire

Who else is currently not playing? Granted the Clarke's look underdone, but they're only 2nd or 3rd tier players at best, and Kosi needs match fitness, but I can't think of too many players they are missing at the moment.

Saints in 2004 > Saints in 2006.

Top 6 teams IMO:

Adelaide
West Coast
---
Sydney
St Kilda
Melbourne
Bulldogs at full strength, otherwise Freo or Collingwood, who really cares?
Hayes
McGuire
Hamill
Kozi lacking fitness
X Clarke lacking fitness
R Clarke lacking fitness
Ball hasn't been fit all year due to osteitis pubis.

Every single one of those players would make any team in the league.

benchmark00

Jono said:
Considering you said WC weren't even in the top 4 best teams, who are your top 3? Adelaide, St Kilda and who? You said you didn't rate Sydney...
Crows
Saints
Eagles
Melbourne (At the 'G)

Status
Not open for further replies.