• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would love to see one of the State openers (not you, Harris or Bancroft) peel off a few tons in the first few rounds of the Shield to put a case up for selection in the test side.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Would love to see one of the State openers (not you, Harris or Bancroft) peel off a few tons in the first few rounds of the Shield to put a case up for selection in the test side.
Matthew renshaw is not reading this post homie.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I suspect that if it's anything like the last couple of seasons the wickets will be excessively green and no-one will score.

Qlder

International Debutant
For the record Nic Maddinson hit 3 centuries as opener in his last 4 shield games earlier this year

Maybe that's the real reason Smith is not playing, NSW doesn't want to displace much better openers in Hughes and Maddinson 😉

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Who would be left out in that case? Only one I see as a possibility would be Green, citing injury as an influence

No one else is getting dropped

Qlder

International Debutant
WA squad to play Qld. No Hardie who's got a quad injury

Sam Whiteman (c), Cameron Bancroft, Hilton Cartwright, Brody Couch, Cooper Connolly, Cameron Gannon, Jayden Goodwin, Josh Inglis (wk), Matt Kelly, Mitch Marsh, Corey Rocchiccioli, Charlie Stobo

social

So, Liam Haskett has stress fractures. Gotta wonder what they're teaching these young bowlers. Apparently Beardman's had back issues since his early teens.
Nothing has been found to work

Bowling is an unnatural action & injuries happen

It really is luck of the draw

social

WA squad to play Qld. No Hardie who's got a quad injury

Sam Whiteman (c), Cameron Bancroft, Hilton Cartwright, Brody Couch, Cooper Connolly, Cameron Gannon, Jayden Goodwin, Josh Inglis (wk), Matt Kelly, Mitch Marsh, Corey Rocchiccioli, Charlie Stobo
Pretty telling that Connolly, who is an Aldi Agar, has been selected

Burgey

Who would be left out in that case? Only one I see as a possibility would be Green, citing injury as an influence

No one else is getting dropped
Yeah that’s the scenario I’m working on. Otherwise lbh Marsh isn’t gonna last the series anyway

Qlder

International Debutant
WA 2nd XI made 6/304 vs SA 2nd XI. This is the only scorecard I can find.

I'm not sure why Jhye Richardson can play this game but they've said he won't play Shield until after BBL? Screenshot_20241007_164346_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Are Short, Wyllie and Turner all really missing out on the WA Shield side? I guess with Green and Marsh back it's possible

the big bambino

International Captain
Short and Turner have never cemented a fc spot and they're best as T20 or 50 over cricketers. Wyllie hasn't scored the runs to justify the opportunities he's been given and all 3 missing out is pretty fair.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Turner should be in WA's first 11 with green and hardie out (is marsh out aswell?) Tonned up in a recent shield final and made FC runs this county season.

the big bambino

International Captain
That ton was a couple of seasons ago and he's played just 6 of WA's shield matches in two seasons. Peripheral fc player up until now.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Turner did lose a fair bit of game time to a knee issue last season, so it's not like he just straight up wasn't getting picked then. Am a bit surprised he was overlooked for this one, although I guess WA want to give Jayden Goodwin a solid run at 3, which I don't hate honestly. The other two less of a shock, Wyllie has definitely seemed to plateau somewhat after a strong start, and Short has genuinely only been a sporadic pick in FC cricket for years now

As for Jhye, suspect it's one of those sort of deals where he will bowl in the 2nds game, but only sparingly. Can recall the Vics doing a similar thing with Pattinson 4 or 5 years ago

Also, here is the full scorecard for said 2nds game