• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Little suprised that Hearne didn't get some more chances back when he was at NSW, while he didn't exactly dominate in the couple games he did play, he did at the very least look a bit better than some of the other pathways kids they have tried

Qlder

International Debutant
Qld snapping up Hearne and Straker from NSW will one day be compared to Border and Thomson defecting to Qld all those years ago 😉

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be a good win for the Vics this. Only a matter of time before Sutherland takes over captaincy from Cummins in all formats

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
While we are on the topic of Straker, noticed earlier how his bowling action has changed a lot since when he was in the U19 setup. Doesn't have that leap out sideways in his loadup/action anywhere near as much anymore.

While his old action was certainly memorable, this definitely looks more efficient, at least to my untrained eye

TheJediBrah

Queensland's best batsman over the last 2 seasons is still at the crease but feel that this task is too much even for him

Qlder

International Debutant
I love Neser but that last 4 overs was painful to watch until the 2 sixes at the end

Also not a fan of refusing easy singles with so few balls left (is Straker that bad a bat?). They gave up 5 by my count and only lost by 6

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
Seeing a few test cricketer sons in the one-day cup I was wondering what ever happened to Austin Waugh. Was shocked to see he walked away from all cricket as a 20 year old in Nov 2020 and didn't play for 3 years. I had thought he just didn't play well enough to get into the NSW side.

Glad to see he came back to play 1st grade again for Sutherland last season and seemed to do reasonably well (made 126 and took 2-26 & 1-14 vs UTS in one of his last games). I can't find whether he's playing again this year

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Seeing a few test cricketer sons in the one-day cup I was wondering what ever happened to Austin Waugh. Was shocked to see he walked away from all cricket as a 20 year old in Nov 2020 and didn't play for 3 years. I had thought he just didn't play well enough to get into the NSW side.
I think it was both tbh. Wasn't good enough to really earn a place, so walked away

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Liking what I've seen of bryce jackson so far. No idea how tall he is, but looks fast and is listed as outright fast in most places. Also got some good movement back into and away from the right hander to dismiss mcsweeney and hunt respectively. Line on the short ball is a bit off, but when he get's it right that one also looks pretty nasty.
A bit late to the party, but I think his line's of because his arm isn't quite upright.

One thing about Jackson as an international prospect is he's nearly 25. Our most prospective bowlers at the moment are Morris (26) and Johnson (29) and neither are finished products. There seems to be a lack of guys at the moment who make their FC debut around 20-22 and are ready for tests at 23-24. Our other hopes being anointed are the ex-u19 guys, and Beardman's apparently already had back issues and Vidler has an injury that could be very troublesome long term.

In comparison from the previous generation we have Hazlewood debuting just shy 24, and Starc at 21 and Siddle at 24. No-one currently strikes me as being ready by 24, though I have quiet hopes for Nisbet.

Qlder

International Debutant
I understand Cummins, Starc and Hazlewood resting for the first NSW Shield game, but why is Smith resting?

(Cue Maddinson to hit a century in Smiths place opening)

At least fellow ODI tourists Labuschagne, Head and Carey are going to get some red ball practice

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular

A former Australian captain who is suing Cricket Australia over a historical allegation of ***ual abuse says he has come forward “to call out both those who take advantage of the vulnerable and the organisations who protect them”.

Dean Reynolds led Australia on the 1985 under-19s tour to India and Sri Lanka, where he has alleged he was ***ually touched by the coach Bob Bitmead. He filed a statement of claim in the Queensland Supreme Court in July that seeks damages worth more than $4 million from CA.