• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay but more about how South Australia is a ****hole state with a bad cricket team please.
Remember when people thought Lloyd Pope would be an instant gun and he bowled the most putrid, loosest leg-spin the Shield had ever seen for a season. In the process averaging over 60 with the ball with the majority of wickets he did take being boundary catches from long hops or full tosses.

And this happened concurrently with SA letting Tom Andrews, who was quite a decent left-arm tweaker and more than handy bat, go to Tassie

TheJediBrah

Would be good to see Pope really pull things together this year and get among the wickets though

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
NSW are always good in theory but sometimes suck in practice. I'm getting my jibes in early, wooden spoon in hand, before we actually start playing and become a laughingstock again.
Ehh fair enough. When it comes to the wooden spoon, just happy for South Australia to be rid of the damn thing for once

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Remember when people thought Lloyd Pope would be an instant gun and he bowled the most putrid, loosest leg-spin the Shield had ever seen for a season. In the process averaging over 60 with the ball with the majority of wickets he did take being boundary catches from long hops or full tosses.

And this happened concurrently with SA letting Tom Andrews, who was quite a decent left-arm tweaker and more than handy bat, go to Tassie
Would be good to see Pope really pull things together this year and get among the wickets though
FWIW I do think Pope's control is a little better than it used to be, still not brilliant though. If he gets much game time or not this season I am honestly unsure.

Letting Andrews go did annoy me at the time, but he only really did anything for Tas in 50 over cricket, his few Shield games there were not too flash. He is back here in SA this year now, uncontracted though

Manenti (of the Ben variety) will be the first choice spinner once again here, deserves that on the strength of last season with both ball and bat

TheJediBrah

I'm somewhat surprised BAD MAN didn't get a call for any of the "Australia A" cricket that just happened.

I'd like to see him picked over Swepson now and Kuhnemann needs to fix his action

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm somewhat surprised BAD MAN didn't get a call for any of the "Australia A" cricket that just happened.

I'd like to see him picked over Swepson now and Kuhnemann needs to fix his action
Yeah I really rated Swepson for a short period but I think he'd done after his neck thing. Would like to see Manenti get a gig ahead of him for Aus A going forward.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Manenti is weird. From what I saw last season I'm not completely sold on him ever being good enough to play as the only spinner in AUS conditions. Definitely got the batting ceiling to bat a bit higher up the order, which could help that somewhat.

Kraken

State Captain
Manenti is weird. From what I saw last season I'm not completely sold on him ever being good enough to play as the only spinner in AUS conditions. Definitely got the batting ceiling to bat a bit higher up the order, which could help that somewhat.
when he was younger, was definitely more of a batter back then, his bowling has really come on since moving into grade cricket

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Him not getting a game foe Aus-A, particularly in the redball stuff is defs weird. I can get the ODI's cause turner and short do a similiar job to him and have been better for longer, but in the redball stuff we where playing fetus's like kellaway and Willie on the back of u19 form and sajid #7 tier tails. Manenti 100% could have fit in their.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not going too brilliantly here now. Need to break this partnership, although that being said next in should be Sinfield and he has batted very well a couple of times in his short career to date

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Drennan gone, last wicket partnership now.

Sinfield still concerns me, but Blake Edwards from what I have seen really isn't much chop with the bat

EDIT: ahh yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited: